St. Helena. ?

dilligaf

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we know the story of why he went yet ? I'm all ears.....

I wonder if they asked him at the interview why he left his last job?

They probably didn't dare ask.

The pool of safeguarding chiefs is small and they keep getting shuffled around.

If they truly examined how these people operate none of them would be employed.

That's right Barrie. Blair did it as soon as all of those Hong Kong Chinese were safely out of the way. And why not? We've bent over backwards to bring in hordes of people with whom we have much less in common than we have with these imperial co-travellers.

Actually it was the appalling Thatcher creature.

As I was living and working in the UK at the time I got caught up in the shenanigans especially engineered to prevent the Hong Kong Chinese flocking to the UK prior to the handover.

I received a letter ordering me to attend the Home Office in Petty France with my birth certificate and passport in order for them to "regularise" my "status" as someone born in a Crown Dependency. During in the interview I asked the Scribbling Servant why I had been peremtorily summonsed as I was not from Hong Kong? Answer came there none...

ETA - think I misunderstood what point Jumper was trying to make.

His history is a little unusual. Mark Charters left his job in Northampton to move to Bexley in 2007. He was criticised on a Bexley website as on arrival he promptly threw a lot of Bexley money at a consultancy called Ophira Ltd. By coincidence Ophira is based in Northampton and was formed in 2007.

Their website has now been "under construction" for a year or more. I don't know how they could sell more services with no shop window?

Found the websites :

http://www.bexley-is-bonkers.co.uk/blogs/2014/jun/month.php

http://ophira.co.uk/

I know a bit about St Helena, although I have never been (it was not somewhere you would go to for a fortnight as it was served by just one ship which shuttled between the UK and South Africa),but there are a surprising number of links with the IOM. There is a St Helena slave buried in old Kirk Braddan churchyard, I think we had Governor in common and they were given help by the IOM government when some games were held here.

It is a fascinating place.

Mark Wilks is the link Glads, this wiki thing is an interesting read,-----https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Wilks

I wonder if they asked him at the interview why he left his last job?

They probably didn't dare ask.

The pool of safeguarding chiefs is small and they keep getting shuffled around.

If they truly examined how these people operate none of them would be employed.

You wouldn't think you'd need a lot of safeguarding in the middle of the feckin' Atlantic would you? stuart.gif

That's right Barrie. Blair did it as soon as all of those Hong Kong Chinese were safely out of the way. And why not? We've bent over backwards to bring in hordes of people with whom we have much less in common than we have with these imperial co-travellers.

Actually it was the appalling Thatcher creature.

As I was living and working in the UK at the time I got caught up in the shenanigans especially engineered to prevent the Hong Kong Chinese flocking to the UK prior to the handover.

I received a letter ordering me to attend the Home Office in Petty France with my birth certificate and passport in order for them to "regularise" my "status" as someone born in a Crown Dependency. During in the interview I asked the Scribbling Servant why I had been peremtorily summonsed as I was not from Hong Kong? Answer came there none...

ETA - think I misunderstood what point Jumper was trying to make.

Think it was about 1982 that the right to a British passport for all citizens of the Commonwealth was withdrawn.

Archived