St. Helena. ?

dilligaf

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"He rides a Harley"

(quote attributed to Howard Quayle MHK, Minister for Health and all that)

Riding a Harley is no benchmark for anything. In fact usually if someone mentions they ride a Harley to me I tend to assume that they're a raging homosexual. It's the gayest bike anyone can buy. All the more amusing in this case if you're 5ft 2 and ride a Harley.

"He rides a Harley"

Riding a Harley is no benchmark for anything. In fact usually if someone mentions they ride a Harley to me I tend to assume that they're a raging homosexual. It's the gayest bike anyone can buy. All the more amusing in this case if you're 5ft 2 and ride a Harley.

Who in the amusement is 5' 2?

"He rides a Harley"

Who in the amusement is 5' 2?

Mr Charteris was a somewhat diminutive man. He must have looked hilarious on his big gay Harley.

More importantly, and I met him at the villa beer festival and he confirmed his trip...Martin Brunscweiller (spell that!) is at this moment, according to the papers, on Trisdan da Cuna selling Bushys.

How cool is that?

Following on from the arguing about who is British and who isn't, I have been googling a few other "British" islands to see what the feeling is on them.

It seems most people are quite proud (?) to be British, maybe because of the handouts.

However when I started looking at St. Helena, I clocked a familiar face.

I thought, no it can't be, ...........but it was.http://www.sainthelena.gov.sh/new-director-of-safeguarding/

He appeared to have a Napoleon complex, so St Helena is probably an appropriate place for him.

Just shows you how desperate you must be for a job though if even the IOM binned you off.

But just how short of applicants can you be to appoint that man ? ​

There was a programme on bbc4 tonight with a spot on st helena,never spotted this BASTARD though.

I missed that prog. Maybe it will be repeated.

try the I-player.

We seem to send/receive a few people like him from these far flung bits of the empire. Remember that other fella from the Falklands who had a key role in the DH? He hardly covered himself with glory either.

In fact wasn't he one of the trio (quartet if you include the stood-down minister) that included Killip and Keenan that all resigned wef April fools day 2014?

Well worth a watch, if just for Howard Quayles' "He rides a Harley Davidson" thrown in with the string of superlatives and accolades he gave this wonder man.

Howard Quayle gushed and gushed and gushed for the full interview. Right to the end.

http://manx.net/tv/mt-tv/watch/64195/new-health-boss

This interview says more about the utter naivety of Minister Howard Quayle than it does about Mark Charters.

Archived