St. Helena. ?

dilligaf

Following on from the arguing about who is British and who isn't, I have been googling a few other "British" islands to see what the feeling is on them.

It seems most people are quite proud (?) to be British, maybe because of the handouts.

However when I started looking at St. Helena, I clocked a familiar face.

I thought, no it can't be, ...........but it was.

http://www.sainthelena.gov.sh/new-director-of-safeguarding/

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following on from the arguing about who is British and who isn't, I have been googling a few other "British" islands to see what the feeling is on them.

It seems most people are quite proud (?) to be British, maybe because of the handouts.

I thought, no it can't be, ...........but it was.

http://www.sainthelena.gov.sh/new-director-of-safeguarding/

He appeared to have a Napoleon complex, so St Helena is probably an appropriate place for him.

Just shows you how desperate you must be for a job though if even the IOM binned you off.

But just how short of applicants can you be to appoint that man ? ​

If I am right they extended the right of being British & etc and right of abode to these little places years ago...Met one or two around Douglas...They extended the right of abode to such as St Helena and Tristan da Cunah

That's right Barrie. Blair did it as soon as all of those Hong Kong Chinese were safely out of the way. And why not? We've bent over backwards to bring in hordes of people with whom we have much less in common than we have with these imperial co-travellers.

I've never been to St Helena or Tristan da Cunha. They look fascinating and I'd love to go. Do you think we could get a MF outing up?

Mark Charters though. Good spot Dilli! Who would have thought it? I wonder if he'll take their health chief to NZ.

I've never been to St Helena or Tristan da Cunha. They look fascinating and I'd love to go. Do you think we could get a MF outing up?

Mark Charters though. Good spot Dilli! Who would have thought it? I wonder if he'll take their health chief to NZ.

Nah, probably "the cleaners" again, thumbsup.gif

I know a bit about St Helena, although I have never been (it was not somewhere you would go to for a fortnight as it was served by just one ship which shuttled between the UK and South Africa),but there are a surprising number of links with the IOM. There is a St Helena slave buried in old Kirk Braddan churchyard, I think we had Governor in common and they were given help by the IOM government when some games were held here.

It is a fascinating place.

I know a bit about St Helena, although I have never been (it was not somewhere you would go to for a fortnight as it was served by just one ship which shuttled between the UK and South Africa),but there are a surprising number of links with the IOM. There is a St Helena slave buried in old Kirk Braddan churchyard, I think we had Governor in common and they were given help by the IOM government when some games were held here.

It is a fascinating place.

As they are about to find out.ph34r.png

I thought, no it can't be, ...........but it was.http://www.sainthelena.gov.sh/new-director-of-safeguarding/

He appeared to have a Napoleon complex, so St Helena is probably an appropriate place for him.

Just shows you how desperate you must be for a job though if even the IOM binned you off.

There was a programme on bbc4 tonight with a spot on st helena,never spotted this BASTARD though.

I thought, no it can't be, ...........but it was.http://www.sainthelena.gov.sh/new-director-of-safeguarding/

There was a programme on bbc4 tonight with a spot on st helena,never spotted this BASTARD though.

I missed that prog. Maybe it will be repeated.

Archived