TT Blues

woody2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new show by IOM police during the TT

Police officers who were filmed carrying out their duties over the TT Festival will appear on the big screen tonight.

'TT Blues' will air on ITV4 at 10pm - the documentary has been made by Raw Cut TV; the company behind Police Interceptors.

Camera crews tailed the officers over the fortnight to show what happens on the Island during the motorcycling spectacle - tonight's episode will see officers dealing with a crash on the Mountain.

I don't think the editing mattered for anyone not familiar with the Island; and if it jumped around then surely that was intentional, as it showed the chaotic nature of the event.

I thought it was a pretty good programme and it certainly showed the other side of the T.T. and the expense, madness and carnage. At times it looked like a war zone. The scene showing all the supercars lining up with the bikes just below the hairpin, waiting for the flag to drop, was very revealing. As was the emergency services at full stretch with helicopters picking injured people up from fields beside country roads.

I wonder what people from off the Island will make of the film; and despite the images on screen, the positive message and enthusiasm of the police for the event.

An interesting watch.

I thought it was rather off that all the coppers were TT enthusiasts. Coppers speaking positively about the lack of an all-Island speed limit. No voices of dissent. Total lack of balance. Police shouldn't make political statements without a counter argument being put, but this is OK on the IOM because they were backing the official government line of "It's ok to come here, ride or drive like a moron, because the Isle of Man where you can...".

It was a bit all over the place! Not least the editing of the incidents.....

Jumped from TT, to Billown to a random drugs bust!!

Not quite what I was expecting......shame really, another opportunity missed.

But it was never meant to be an advert for the Isle of Man or the TT races. It was only about the hassle, hustle and bustle that involves the IOM Police during the TT period, I thought.

I saw the last 30 mins, but have recorded on +1, but I thought it was quite interesting.

Archived