"Bless" this House

Manx Bean

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont know him but seen him,, or rather heard him loudly talking on the boat etc, thought what an absolute cunt. I dont follow or have any interest in the shite he preaches but saying that, listening to him when not in front of his brainwashed captive audience, he is in it for the money.

Did i say what a cunt he was

Can someone explain why they have three different companies registered with the Companies Registry?

LIVING HOPE - incorporated 15 September 2016
LIVING HOPE COMMUNITY CHURCH LTD - incorporated 8 March 2011 - Limited by guarantee
LIVING HOPE COMMUNITY CHURCH - incorporated 6 Apr 2011
What is the usual reason for this sort of arrangement, particularly having a separately registered limited liability entity?

Can someone explain why they have three different companies registered with the Companies Registry?

LIVING HOPE COMMUNITY CHURCH LTD - incorporated 8 March 2011 - Limited by guarantee

What is the usual reason for this sort of arrangement, particularly having a separately registered limited liability entity?

I imagine they drop their administrative loss making activities and other projects they fund into other limited companies so that all the 'profits' get retained by the charity and aren't taxed.

In the article it says in the article that their accounts are available for all to view at the Company Registry. Looking at the docs available i'm not sure that is the case. There are Annual Returns but in my experience those documents don't have Financial Statements in them?

If they are a registered charity, the accounts are at the General Registry.

I imagine they drop their administrative loss making activities and other projects they fund into other limited companies so that all the 'profits' get retained by the charity and aren't taxed.

Eh?

Eh?

I said I would imagine the company limited by guarantee is the main charitable company and the others will be used as a conduit to fund community projects and other services and will be charitable trading companies funded by the main charity which leaves all the surplus funds eventually in the main charitable company at the top.

http://www.communitycompanies.co.uk/charitable-companies-limited-by-guarantee

For instance I understand that Oxfam runs all its shops through a separate charitable trading company sitting under the charitable company.

http://www.communitycompanies.co.uk/charitable-trading-companies

The two that are not LTD are Business Names - they are registered separately so that the company may trade without using its full registered company name, see https://www.gov.im/media/1348337/pn16-2014.pdf - they are not separate legal entities, just alternate names for the same Ltd Co.

Just heard a rumour that some people who posted in the thread under the story on IOM online have had their accounts suspended. Can anyone confirm? Suggests the church isn't that happy with the 40 or so negative comments.

No it's a general fault across the whole comments system. They have an announcement on their Facebook page. Unless it is an elaborate rouse to hide the fact that they've been hit with an angry letter from the Life Church elders or its grand poo bah or whatever.

Does anybody know any of the next door neighbours of the new home? If I was one of the neighbours I would fill my garden with dinosaur gnomes and a statue of Charles Darwin and paint the house rainbow coloured in protest.

rainbow_house2.jpg

http://www.salon.com/2013/03/20/westboro_baptist_loves_the_sodomite_rainbow_house/

Surely all that's advertising is that you're possibly a raging homosexual who wants to live in a rainbow coloured house?

Archived