"Bless" this House

Manx Bean

Tarne....maybe suggest Louis Theroux come pays them a visit. I bet The lord god Jonathon would cack his Calvin Klein briefs (another gift no doubt).

It does beg the question as to whether any of the other of this "church" money ends up in his and his lieutenants pockets?? Messrs Staples and Nelson never seem far away...like jolly henchmen.

I do seriously think this needs to be all fully investigated by the FIU and charities commission. It stinks like a bad crap after curry night.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tarne....maybe suggest Louis Theroux come pays them a visit. I bet The lord god Jonathon would cack his Calvin Klein briefs (another gift no doubt).

It does beg the question as to whether any of the other of this "church" money ends up in his and his lieutenants pockets?? Messrs Staples and Nelson never seem far away...like jolly henchmen.

I do seriously think this needs to be all fully investigated by the FIU and charities commission. It stinks like a bad crap after curry night.

We haven't got a Charities Commission on the island. All that is required is for charities to lodge their annual accounts with the Registry.

We have laws to prevent pyramid schemes and yet no laws to prevent travesties such as this. I think the entire of the forum is united for once in thinking that scams like this should not be allowed to exist. So err, what can we do to kick this organisation off the island?

The thing is its not a scam. the people knew exactly where their money was going.

We have laws to prevent pyramid schemes and yet no laws to prevent travesties such as this. I think the entire of the forum is united for once in thinking that scams like this should not be allowed to exist. So err, what can we do to kick this organisation off the island?

But they willingly give their money. You might personally think that's mental (I do too) but I suppose if they agree to do it then it's no different to someone setting up a standing order or direct debit to Christian Aid or Oxfam. However, giving money to someone so they they can specifically buy a house for themselves is maybe different in that there is absolutely no spiritual or charitable reason why that person should live in a £500,000 house rather than a £300,000 house they could afford themselves. It's simply extravagant and indulgent and funded by other people. They shouldn't get preferential tax treatment on those donations as there is no religious or charitable benefit being achieved by that donation whatsoever.

Archived