Bushy's To Defend.....

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preventing local businesses creating & using TT named products to sell during the Isle of Man TT is just nuts

That sounds like a good TT sideline. Packets of Bushys TT nuts!

When the ship of state is sinking, it's Women and children Ministers first boys!

This is the trademarked TT logo, nothing like what Bushy's and several others are using.

I can't see how the IoM Govt. have the rights to the letters "TT"? There is a TT car race held every year since 1905, a Dutch TT, an Australian TT, a Swedish TT. and in fact an Audi TT!!

952235.png

If Bushy's were using this brand logo, I could understand the objection but the TT belongs to the people of the Island and the use of the letters should not be copyrighted!

This is the trademarked TT logo, nothing like what Bushy's and several others are using.

I can't see how the IoM Govt. have the rights to the letters "TT"? There is a TT car race held every year since 1905, a Dutch TT, an Australian TT, a Swedish TT.

The government's trademark is only valid in the UK & IOM.

I can't see how the IoM Govt. have the rights to the letters "TT"? There is a TT car race held every year since 1905, a Dutch TT, an Australian TT, a Swedish TT.

The government's trademark is only valid in the UK & IOM.

They had best get Audi to change the name of one of their models then.

ttlogo.jpg

Quoting Rob Callister, MHK - Member for Onchan on Facebook:

"I spoke to Martin Brunnschwieler‎ who is currently off-island. Hopefully, this matter can be resolved quickly. A statement will be issued by the Department tomorrow."

Quoting Rob Callister, MHK - Member for Onchan on Facebook:

"I spoke to Martin Brunnschwieler‎ who is currently off-island. Hopefully, this matter can be resolved quickly. A statement will be issued by the Department tomorrow."

If this was so easily resolvable WTF did they (DED) start throwing their weight around bullying established businesses? It may be resolvable but it has created such negative and quite frankly toe curlingly bad PR. DED needs all the friends it can get all it has is lawsuits and enemies.

To the committed TT regulars, Bushy's is synonymous with the TT. They come back year after year, lots of them with Bushy's as their focus point.

The prominence of Bushy's and the fun it created in the 90's is largely the reason for the renewal in the popularity of the TT since the dog days of the eighties.

I bet Martin has brought a lot more TT visitors to the Island than any UK Vision 9 type promoter or the DED will ever get near.

Martin should pay them a peppercorn rent of a fiver a year to use TT on his badges and DED could save face and sort the whole stupid idea out in seconds.

Perhaps it's easy to resolve because Rob Callister has spoken.

Shame, when you see that Bushy's tent is as much a significant icon of the TT than anything, absolutely anything, else.

Things like 'TTent' and 'TramTastic' will have got the gov boys frothing. Knobheads.

Martin should stick with 'Bushy's' and the fox thing and expand on that. With sensible head on I think Bushy's should just back off. They won't win this one. The legal system and the boyos in wigs and gowns are in the Govenment's pocket.

Archived