Bushy's To Defend.....

ManxTaxPayer

Over 10 years ago, there was a similar furore when Greenlight TV contacted someone who had a webcam in their garden.

isn't the webcam still there? i seem to recall many years ago that energy fm started covering the TT and got into a bit of bother, what was the end result of that??

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quoting Rob Callister, MHK - Member for Onchan on Facebook:

"I spoke to Martin Brunnschwieler‎ who is currently off-island. Hopefully, this matter can be resolved quickly. A statement will be issued by the Department tomorrow."

The statement should be along the lines: We have now resolved this matter.The Minister and CEO are wrapped in brown paper and bound with Gaffa tape. Both are due to be air dropped mid Atlantic in the next few hours

Martin should stick with 'Bushy's' and the fox thing and expand on that. With sensible head on I think Bushy's should just back off. They won't win this one. The legal system and the boyos in wigs and gowns are in the Govenment's pocket.

Sadly, this is the only way :( I will be complaining to my MHK.

Martin should stick with 'Bushy's' and the fox thing and expand on that. With sensible head on I think Bushy's should just back off. They won't win this one. The legal system and the boyos in wigs and gowns are in the Govenment's pocket.

Sadly, this is the only way sad.png I will be complaining to my MHK.

Before or after complaining about him?

This is completely the sort of stupidity that DED have become infamous for over a number of years, so I do sincerely hope that Mark Lewin gives this some rational and measured thought and backs down to pull back a little crumb of credibility for the department.

The sheer scale of delusion over the importance to the TT as a "World event" is a constant source of entertainment to me. The only place it is really important is here. The only economy that it makes any difference to is here. So, why do something so crass as enter a pissing contest with a major supplier and supporter of the event? If it wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny.

This is completely the sort of stupidity that DED have become infamous for over a number of years, so I do sincerely hope that Mark Lewin gives this some rational and measured thought and backs down to pull back a little crumb of credibility for the department.

The sheer scale of delusion over the importance to the TT as a "World event" is a constant source of entertainment to me. The only place it is really important is here. The only economy that it makes any difference to is here. So, why do something so crass as enter a pissing contest with a major supplier and supporter of the event? If it wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny.

Job justification. If you work for DED you have to show you're doing something - anything.

Plenty of PR, few results. Remember the banks, offshore leasing for wind farms, tidal turbines, high-tech izzy-wizzy companies and the like?

Would the island miss the DED?

Sooty2011.png

In that case Boredom you didn't get the gist of my earlier post. DED has to act, like any trademark owner to protect its rights by preventing unauthorised use. I would imagine that Bushy's registration of Bushy's TT went unnoticed, which would be an error. However, as DED registered the TT for use in connection with the IOMTT some years earlier, their rights will probably take precedence. There is nothing stupid about taking action to protect your trademark registration. It would be stupid not to.

If DED took no action and lost their rights to the TT name and logo as a result, I am sure they would be vilified on this forum and elsewhere. Bushy's would not be trading at the TT at all if the trademark owners did not have the revenue or rights to run the event. I am just trying to explain trademark breaches and subsequent actions. I don't really care if the TT exists or not, so I am not toeing anyone's line. But please feel free to ignore what I say and pursue your own opinion.

Nobody cares "Joe Bean"

I'm looking forward to how Callister tries to wriggle out of this bag of shit.

tbf RC probably doesnt understand what a trademark, registered trademark, design right et al.. are

No, I have only registered seven or eight trademarks over the years.......

Registering a trademark is one thing, enforcing it is another. Clearly the government realised they can't register TT so they registered the logo instead. They could register Manx Tourist Trophy just as they've registered Manx Grand Prix.

It'll be interesting to see what happens today.

Job justification. If you work for DED you have to show you're doing something - anything.

Plenty of PR, few results. Remember the banks, offshore leasing for wind farms, tidal turbines, high-tech izzy-wizzy companies and the like?

Would the island miss the DED?

Sooty2011.png

You have forgotten the most important thing - 6 Banks! Where are they?

Archived