'Serious' GP shortage on horizon

Douglas Prom

Just a quick thought whoever is in charge of recruitment for the NHS and teachers should be shown the door

WITH NO PENSION.

If you cannot attract such staff over here with such favourable tax rates and comparatively cheap housing and easy life (RECRUIT FROM THE SOUTH NOT THE NORTHWEST of England)...

Then you should be given the red card.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As regards waiting lists on the Island to see your GP if this quarterly forum did not take place...

IN PATIENTS TIME

That would give (forgive my maths !!)

A extra two days of appointments and if each doctor actually worked an eight hour day that would give an extra

96 appointments per doctor.

Waiting list my arse..

Just a thought Doctors..Have your trade union meetings in your own time..

And the same goes for teachers that other "overworked profession" have your inset days in your own time maybe even your extensive 13 week holidays...

Why can't GPs work on a Saturday ?

I don't mean all of them, but surely a rota could be worked. ( yes I know we have MEDS, but that does not reduce the waiting )

Why can you not get a Doctors appointment anytime during the day...

Just what are those hard working £100k minimum people doing...

They make me ill but it will be ten days before I can see one...

Yes, I think GPs would be a little peeved if they went to the filling station / shop / pub / bow tie shop and found that they only worked 4 1/2 days per week and they had to make an appointment for 2 weeks next Tuesday to get in.

It's heading for a 24/7 world and some folk need to get on board.

Yes, I think GPs would be a little peeved if they went to the filling station / shop / pub / bow tie shop and found that they only worked 4 1/2 days per week and they had to make an appointment for 2 weeks next Tuesday to get in.

It's heading for a 24/7 world and some folk need to get on board.

But then again professionals, by and large, get to choose when they provide services and to whom. Minimum wage workers in the service economy don't. That's why you can get a Maccies 24/7.

Tony Blair is to blame. He told them they could have new contracts with loads of money and they didn't need to work too hard or out of hours. He was good at stuff like that. You know. Grand gesture politics that is easy to get into but difficult to row back from. I hear he did a good line in wars and unnecessary bloodshed too.

The original question, just to drag you back there, was about the declining number of GPs - that is the doctors you and I get to see first and most of the time 'til your last certificate is signed.

This is a big problem and it is going to get worse.

You posters may distract yourselves about healthy eating,punishing people who get ill ,how stoical you are about your own ailments ,the questionable politics of either political divide that have meddled in medicine since the NHS was born;and you might even pull in Brexit - and oh yes, the eventable resentful comments about the hours doctors work and their remuneration .... but none of this really helps does it?

Archived