Ghost Town

dilligaf

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This town, is coming like a ghost town

Why must the youth fight against themselves?

Government leaving the youth on the shelf

This place, is coming like a ghost town

No job to be found in this country

Can't go on no more

The people getting angry"

...and so 2000 of them aged 18 to 29 fucked off in the last 4 years.

Can't go on no more

Were they all MF posters.

I thought more than a few were old codgers.thumbsup.gif

Can't go on no more

Were they all MF posters.

I thought more than a few were old codgers.:thumbsup:

Ghost Town lyrics.

1981 song...same year (recession) I first left IOM.

...influential.

Where have all the regulars gone ?

Quite a few missing of late.

Bit embarrassed that I started posting again as I don't know who is who anymore.

Have all the "old" posters acquired new "names", or have they just stopped posting?.

Where have all the regulars gone ?

Quite a few missing of late.

Bit embarrassed that I started posting again as I don't know who is who anymore.

Have all the "old" posters acquired new "names", or have they just stopped posting?.

Define regulars.

MF is always the same. There are some posters who have been here for years, and probably always will be. Their contributions are punctuated by those of posters who appear, immediately become prolific, and rapidly disappear - probably to morph into another of the same. We all know who they are - many of them are the poster formerly known as TJ, or Pierrot, or MTP, or MDO...

Chris Thomas...if you're reading...help do something about it please. Don't ignore...and bury your head in the sand with the rest of them.

Forgot about him! He was once the future, I'm afraid he is now yesterday's man. All talk and waffle and academic theory but not able to come up with realistic ideas. The civil service and other mandarins have got to him already. He has in all fairness reached his pinnacle in public service, won't become CM - mind you can't be any worse than Howard Quayle. He has also mastered the art of not replying to letters or emails, particularly when letters are hand delivered to the Tynpotwald pigeon holes. Quayle is the same. It's sad that they aren't prepared to respond or defend the decisions they have already made. I did think that with Quayle and Thomas et al being new brooms they would sweep away all the shit left behind by Bell, Brown and Shimmin. Sadly we have more of the same, paralysis and ineffectual decisions along with dreaming and wishful thinking and the inability to cut the government bloat. Alfred Cannan isn't much better, all talk and promise but like the others has given up and going through the motions.

On a personal level, HQ, CT and AC are nice and personable people but have completely changed once given responsibility of office.

Largely because they couldn't afford to live in their country of birth thanks to "property speculators" and profit motivated building companies with the government in their pockets.

Archived