Forum Upgrade Questions

doc.fixit

I've hijacked your thread and changed the title to make it a single thread to try and capture any questions or issues with the new software. Hope that's alright. 

Just to pre-empt one, yes I also think the mobile version looks shit. Will look at how we can improve that. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is that it doesn't come with a mobile theme as standard anymore. It's supposed to be a responsive "one size fits all" design. But the reality is a little different to that so we might look at some sort of mobile theme we can adapt. 

Not a glitch, but if your picture is over 100k in size, you should probably think about reducing it before trying to upload. That's a filesize check that's been in place for a long time. 

35 minutes ago, ans said:

Not a glitch, but if your picture is over 100k in size, you should probably think about reducing it before trying to upload. That's a filesize check that's been in place for a long time. 

Thanks ans. Wish I knew how to compress it. Will give it a go.

The main problem I'm having with mobile viewing is the size of the advert at the top of the page. The page itself fits the screen properly but the advert is twice as wide, so when scrolling down it is really easy to accidentally swipe sideways because the page isn't locked to the size of the screen. 

4 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

Number of posts.

No there's a different number for post count and content count. 

PK is showing as post count 8599 and Content count is 28,865. Presumably the difference is the amount that the admins added to his post count. 

Archived