Forum Upgrade Questions

doc.fixit

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

The main problem I'm having with mobile viewing is the size of the advert at the top of the page. The page itself fits the screen properly but the advert is twice as wide, so when scrolling down it is really easy to accidentally swipe sideways because the page isn't locked to the size of the screen. 

Yeah that's a problem for sure, the old mobile site didn't actually have any ads on which avoided the issue entirely. 

Ooh, the new ignore function is fantastic. You barely see the new posts now. It's literally just a light grey You've chosen to ignore content by JackCarter.

Bit more awkward to find more things until I get used to it though. 

3 minutes ago, Tarne said:

Ooh, the new ignore function is fantastic. You barely see the new posts now. It's literally just a light grey You've chosen to ignore content by JackCarter.

Why ignore it when you can just piss yourself at the output of the one brain cell?

7 hours ago, Declan said:

What's Content Count?

Interesting syncronicty between 3 of the four accounts shown  in the captured image. 

Capture.JPG

I've spotted this before.  Keyboarder too finished up on 4682.  I would have bet on La Colombe doing so too, although probably not now ;)

Honestly? This is a shit upgrade. I now have to spend next weekend figuring it out.

Instead of 5 minutes.

I expect 1000 less posts between this week and now v  next week v the week after.

Very poor on destructions.

Like discovering you're suddenly in a new universe.

10 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Appreciate the effort guys...but you left half the audience behind this time.

You do realise it's a largely off the shelf application? I realise aimlessly moaning about anything new is your thing, but it only takes a few seconds to find out how to do the basics. Then it's just a case of getting used to it  

I look forward to your post after next upgrade saying how great this one has been. 

Dunno, it was from June 2007 and was logged as "User Request" so I assume this was something you asked for by PM for reasons unknown. My PMs don't go back that far so I've just revoked it as I think it's safe to say it's expired :)

Archived