Bicycles on the one way mountain

La Colombe

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's bonkers of course.  But is it actually illegal, providing they are jogging in the right direction?  Actually they probably don't even need to do that, given that the one-way direction presumably only applies to vehicular traffic.  The road after all isn't actually closed.  All the police seem to have been able to do is advise/persuade them to go elsewhere.  I suspect the whole thing is legal minefield.

29 minutes ago, Fuller K Rapp said:

...I think it is.

it depends on context, if you are running towards a crowd of people carrying a large pair of scissors and screaming something about your god or "did you spill my pint?", then its probably illegal.

If you are wrapping a present at home and run to get some sellotape whilst still holding scissors, it probably isn't.

50 minutes ago, kevster said:

Running with scissors isn't illegal, but it's a stupid thing to do. 

Cycling or jogging on the mountain during TT is just the same. 

So is driving or riding like a cunt, but still happens even encouraged.

18 minutes ago, j2bad said:

So is driving or riding like a cunt, but still happens even encouraged.

Laws do cover driving/riding like a cunt. For example, driving without due care and dangerous driving

22 minutes ago, Tarne said:

That says "court for cyclist" but I don't see any follow up to it, on whether the dude was actually charged with anything. 

Don't know to be honest, I just remembered reading about it at the time and thinking "what an idiot!!!!" - although I may be exaggerating and its possible that I only thought three exclamation marks at the time.

Archived