London fire: Lives claimed at Grenfell Tower

woody2

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

The death toll here could be in the hundreds. 

Someone from the council was on television this morning saying they're going to have to rehome the 123 (?) families. I'm thinking that unfortunatley he's not going to have to rehome that many. Can't see many on the higher floors surviving. Horrible way to die.

Just now, The Old Git said:

Someone from the council was on television this morning saying they're going to have to rehome the 123 (?) families. I'm thinking that unfortunatley he's not going to have to rehome that many. Can't see many on the higher floors surviving. Horrible way to die.

I had the same thought when he said that. A lot of fingers seem to be pointing at the new cladding - reminiscent of the hotel in Dubai. Wouldn't like to be the firm involved in that job.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

That is truly shocking.  I heard on the radio there were over a hundred flats, with someone estimating an average of three people in each.

27 floors 6 flats per floor if I heard right = 162.

19 minutes ago, woolley said:

I had the same thought when he said that. A lot of fingers seem to be pointing at the new cladding - reminiscent of the hotel in Dubai. Wouldn't like to be the firm involved in that job.

if it was the cladding on a concrete building as some are reporting, it may of given them more time to get out....

Archived