London fire: Lives claimed at Grenfell Tower

woody2

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

. However Corbyn did say it all in a calm reasonable manner. He is SO nice......

I was beginning to think he could actually be a different type of leader but he's just as cynically opportunist as the rest. 

He may speak softly and come over as the personification of sweet reason, but he has some very unsavoury hard left characters manning Momentum who are not above a bit of intimidation.

You're kind of doing that too.

Wrong, I was really warming to him despite his past and his awful shadow cabinet. His grinning mask has slipped today and I am disappointed. How that makes me "kind of doing that too" is an enigma.

Corbyn takes the hard left line on everything. He doesn't have any other position or perspective and is always weak or silent on anything that doesn't fit that analysis. That's why he had nothing to say on Brexit and consequently the Labour Party have been vague and non-committal during and after the referendum, and even through the general election. I don't think some people realise just what an ideologue he is and always has been.   

10 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Corbyn takes the hard left line on everything. He doesn't have any other position or perspective and is always weak or silent on anything that doesn't fit that analysis. That's why he had nothing to say on Brexit and consequently the Labour Party have been vague and non-committal during and after the referendum, and even through the general election. I don't think some people realise just what an ideologue he is and always has been.   

Pretty much all parties, barring UKIP, were non-committal on Brexit. It was a free voting issue with differing views within the same parties.

By the way, none of this relevant to the thread topic.

Well, meanwhile back at the fire; it's beginning to look like the Summerland parallel might be a theory here. I'm only watching the same news as everyone else but the inference seems to be the combustible cladding around the building. No one is coming out and saying it of course; it's too early and too presumptive before the inevitable inquiry, but they're certainly pointing to it.

13 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Well, meanwhile back at the fire; it's beginning to look like the Summerland parallel might be a theory here. I'm only watching the same news as everyone else but the inference seems to be the combustible cladding around the building. No one is coming out and saying it of course; it's too early and too presumptive before the inevitable inquiry, but they're certainly pointing to it.

Lol, it's too early to presume but here is my presumption.

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Woke up for a pee at 5am...and saw this in full flame.

Never seen anything like it since Summerland. Horrific.

How many other potential tinderboxes need checking, and guarding, immediately?

Guarding?

11 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Various experts have put forward that the air gap between the cladding and the building acted as a chimney for the flames. The question is its flammability. Someone passed it.

Archived