Time To Change The Law On Drugs?

La Colombe

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 7:35 AM, La Colombe said:

I like this bit on the piece:

Chris Snowdon, head of lifestyle economics at the IEA, said: “It’s high time for reform of cannabis policy in the UK. Canada and the USA are showing the way.

"It's HIGH time......", 

I wonder if that was accidental or intended. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

UK police appear to be taking matters into their own hands and leading the way. What an absurd situation. 

Why is it absurd? Surely the Police are better position as to how they allocate their limited resources. Better to go after acid attackers, rapists, Paedos, murders, old people batterers, burglars etc than go after victimless current (dubious) lawbreakers no?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Decriminilise all drugs and let nature cleanse the gene pool. People with a supposedly "addictive personality" will then have a choice, deal with it or let it deal with them.

Having said that to the best of my knowledge cannabis isn't addictive in the way that many legal substances such as alcohol, tobacco and even coffee is it it is habit forming and so IMO certainly should be decriminised.

It's interesting to see just why cannabis was criminalised in the FIRST place. Again, and just IMO, for absolutely no good reason.

One thing that gets far too little consideration is the huge knock on costs resulting from cannabis being an illegal substance.  The crime that is committed to pay the supplier, the criminality that takes place throughout the supply train, and the exceptionally poor cost/benefit ratio in the judicial system all the way from Plod to Prison.

One of the great truths right alongside that fat dogs fart is that it's not wise to engage in a war you stand no chance of winning.

The war against cannabis can't be won.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yootalkin2me said:

Why is it absurd? Surely the Police are better position as to how they allocate their limited resources. Better to go after acid attackers, rapists, Paedos, murders, old people batterers, burglars etc than go after victimless current (dubious) lawbreakers no?

You've answered your own question there.

1 hour ago, yootalkin2me said:

When the police decide which laws they are going to investigate then they no longer represent either the government or the people.

• Like 2