Ronaldsway Airport

Mac the Knife

Part of the problem is uneducated travellers which is hard to believe as Island dwellers.

I travel frequently & know what to expect so pack accordingly & have already taken my belt, coat, watch, etc off as I approach the trays at security.

It should be a simple case of dropping them into the tray, walking around the metal inspection desks, picking the tray up & placing it on the rollers before being called through the scanner.

Sadly I witness on a weekly basis countless numbers of halfwits that look like they’ve never been in an airport before .......

Liquids unbagged, many over 100ml, belts still on, coins in their pockets etc etc

It really isn’t difficult or shouldn’t be.

Notwithstanding the above, the security area at Ronaldsway does need redesigning. There is an alcove in pre-Departures housing kids toy equipment & some seating that could be utilised for the Priority Pass lounge and the security floor area increased if thought about.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Maybe if they realised that the IOM is not massive hub of terrorism and drugs they think it is and just stream lined the security, people would have an even smoother experience there.

massive drug problem....

7 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

You've fallen below the comprehension level again.

And you're keyboard's still sticking BTW :lol:

keep up at the back....

the cast went to the white house and snorted coke in the bogs at the launch of the usa's just say no campaign..... 

the best part was that record funded the drugs.....

2 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Because we don't have massive cannabis/cocaine/etc fields here to be a producer/exporter, and why would you add an additional checkpoint between you and your market (i.e. the UK)?

Hardly rocket science.

because it arrives into ireland then the iom to the uk.....

Archived