Ronaldsway Airport

Mac the Knife

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Part of the problem is uneducated travellers which is hard to believe as Island dwellers.

I travel frequently & know what to expect so pack accordingly & have already taken my belt, coat, watch, etc off as I approach the trays at security.

It should be a simple case of dropping them into the tray, walking around the metal inspection desks, picking the tray up & placing it on the rollers before being called through the scanner.

Sadly I witness on a weekly basis countless numbers of halfwits that look like they’ve never been in an airport before .......

Liquids unbagged, many over 100ml, belts still on, coins in their pockets etc etc

It really isn’t difficult or shouldn’t be.

Notwithstanding the above, the security area at Ronaldsway does need redesigning. There is an alcove in pre-Departures housing kids toy equipment & some seating that could be utilised for the Priority Pass lounge and the security floor area increased if thought about.

Excellent post. Exactly as I find it. 

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Someone walking up and down the queue periodically reminding people to sort out the basics before they get 'processed' might help too.

There's enough of them to do that. I went through yesterday and counted 8 of them in the security area. I don't know who is responsible for managing the staff and their duties but they need replacing and re-training. 

4 hours ago, Lxxx said:

There's enough of them to do that. I went through yesterday and counted 8 of them in the security area. I don't know who is responsible for managing the staff and their duties but they need replacing.

Fixed .. :whistling:

3 minutes ago, fredtosser said:

I find it odd that whoever is in charge of the social media feed for the Airport likes all the complaint posts from members of the public, but offer nothing in the way of constructive feedback.

That sounds like a full time job to me. Would it be one of those additional communications managers they advertised for a while back?

2 hours ago, fredtosser said:

I find it odd that whoever is in charge of the social media feed for the Airport likes all the complaint posts from members of the public, but offer nothing in the way of constructive feedback.

Because how do you manage to get the 'speedy boarding' charge in place - cause chaos for a while then offer a paid for solution!

It's simply a ploy by the government for yet another stealth money spinner!

Archived