Ronaldsway Airport

Mac the Knife

3 hours ago, notwell said:

Well it sort of is the answer really.

I regularly fly the 9 55 mentioned in that article and I've never had to queue more than  about ten minutes to get through security.  I turn up about an hour before.  Perhaps an hour and ten.

If bottlenecks are happening because a raft of people want through with half an hour or forty minutes to go then they're bringing it on themselves.

With EasyJet you can't check in bags before 2 hours before you fly. So you have to go through at a time close to that which you fly at because of airline policies and security rules. You need to be at the airport latest an hour before you fly so is it any surprise that's when most people go through? 

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, notwell said:

What are you on about? Check in opens two hours before doesn't it? If you have a bag why would you turn up with an hour to go? 

Because it's perfectly acceptable to do and the latest you are advised to be there is an hour before your flight anyway. There's nothing to do before you go through to Departures anyway other than a shit cafe so why would anyone hang around longer than they have to? 

42 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Because it's perfectly acceptable to do and the latest you are advised to be there is an hour before your flight anyway. There's nothing to do before you go through to Departures anyway other than a shit cafe so why would anyone hang around longer than they have to? 

It is a drag, all that sitting around. There's only so much expensive tea and coffee one can drink. Still, there's always a sudoku or crossword to be finished. And the home-prepared bacon sarnie, still warm in the foil. The argument is academic really, security threats, real or imagined, need to be countered. Though I do find it hard to imagine just what all the heightened security has prevented, or what discoveries all the scrutiny has produced, all these years. It's like, if nothing or no one has been uncovered, they're doing a good job, and if something does turn up, it's because they're doing, er, a good job! So the situation and systems at Ronaldsway isn't going to change anytime soon, and if it doesn't become more organised down, can only get worse. As we've seen. So the only solution is to get there even earlier, and lump it. It's a sign of the times.

Here's another, and the reason why, lest we forget...

jumbo-jet-wtc-twin-towers-911-634x381.jpg

A lot of it is to do with printing your boarding pass at home. If you're not checking a bag in it leaves the impression you can just turn us 45 minutes before your flight and breeze right through straight onto the plane. I would hazard a guess most people think this way now.

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

A lot of it is to do with printing your boarding pass at home. If you're not checking a bag in it leaves the impression you can just turn us 45 minutes before your flight and breeze right through straight onto the plane. I would hazard a guess most people think this way now.

You can pretty much do that at busier airports but even turning up an hour or more, as suggested on your ticket does not guarantee getting through on time. Some people are unable to stand for long periods, Ronaldsway need to sort this out, and quickly. 

13 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Well clearly you can  either chill out airside or hang around queueing and moaning and being stressed over something easily avoided by turning up perhaps half an hour earlier.  There are some mugs around.

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

You can pretty much do that at busier airports but even turning up an hour or more, as suggested on your ticket does not guarantee getting through on time. Some people are unable to stand for long periods, Ronaldsway need to sort this out, and quickly. 

That's what we should do - run an operation around people who can't stand up for long periods.

12 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

There are more staff stood outside having a chat beside the planes than working inside the airport. I counted 8 the other day for a plane that only had about treble that on board. 

Ground handling staffing requirements are proportional to load factor?  Who knew!

21 minutes ago, notwell said:

That's what we should do - run an operation around people who can't stand up for long periods.

It's called customer care Notty, these people are paying for the privilege of being in pain for a long period, me being one of them. I always arrive at least an hour and a half before my flight but still end up standing in long queues. Shifting the blame to the customer doesn't solve the problem, everyone has different needs and situations. Is this how the Nazis managed to organise the holocaust!

Archived