Ronaldsway Airport

Mac the Knife

The airport is a toxic mix of little hitler empire builder types, whose sole aim in life is to ensure their particular empire is indispensable !

Despite job titles there is no leadership, no direction and no desire to promote customer service or anything else to aid a struggling organisation. The massive public subsidy to the airport ensures that however poor the facility, it will never be directly under threat, so there is something of a cushion under the ass of those who on the face of it have responsibility.

I have said this many times before but worth saying again, the skill set of those in charge is a good fit when money is no object and the government purse can solve any problems, however imo a completely different mind and skill set is required when problem solving where money is not the only answer.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, notwell said:

I travel regularly through the airport. 

At certain times it gets very busy although even a queue backed up past the scanning position for boarding cards is gone in fifteen minutes.

It's a simple enough process getting through airport security.   I don't see a need to employ several more staff to deal with a half hour bottle neck and a few moaning twats.  That's just silly.

Me too. Yes, a queue out to the start of the taped off security area takes about 15 minutes, which is acceptable and normal. But I have seen it much worse, several times, and so have friends. One friend took an hour to get through security last week.  They were told by airport staff that it is like that every day at that time.  To me, that is not acceptable, no level of moaning twattery involved.

8 minutes ago, notwell said:

I don't really see what can be done.  You can't employ three or four more people for an hour.  

I think if you regularly use a certain flight and it's always the same at security then the answer is to turn up earlier.

With a bit of imagination, it could be done. Have a couple of people trained up who are usually on other duties, chasing people away from the drop off point, general security patrol for example. Then deploy them on security screening when required.

There are more people sat around doing absolutely nothing than the minimum wage "They wouldn't let me be a real police officer" lackeys they have on the security. As Guzzi said there's ways around it. 

But no, can't do that, jobs for life *redacted* and *redacted* will be there forever, like they've always been. 

So Reynoldsway Heathrow-on-Sea can't even handle a few passengers without making a complete mess of it. Now imagine what would have happened if the fantasy numbers of passengers that were thrown around by a certain someone years ago (millions! millions of passengers, I tell thee!) had actually materialized. They can't run a rural airfield, nevermind a real airport, but I saw it mentioned on FB that there might be a dispute or some sort of argument going on behind the scenes.

The airport FB page is in full damage limitation mode (unsuccessfully, obviously) and you really have to wonder if it's general incompetence alone that caused this mess or if there's more to it. https://www.facebook.com/IsleOfManAirport/

Either way, scenes like this and stories about even airport staff being delayed thanks to security really shouldn't happen

airport.thumb.jpg.95bbd8570d09cfd18566c96b9756b336.jpg

I wonder how the political bosses at IOMG will punish the incompetent people behind this shambles. Maybe another promotion?

2 hours ago, notwell said:

I don't really see what can be done.  You can't employ three or four more people for an hour.  

I think if you regularly use a certain flight and it's always the same at security then the answer is to turn up earlier.

You can - we do this in catering although tbh it's for two hours.

13 minutes ago, asitis said:

There are rumours about staffing levels and mandatory  inspections being aided by one off sweetners to staff to appear on inspection days ! have no idea if this is true but sounds feasible !

that must be irritating for them,  having to cancel their sick days at short notice.

Archived