Ronaldsway Airport

Mac the Knife

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, finlo said:

Car +2 mid November about a month ago, may say different now but can't be arsed looking just booked the plane instead.

I don't know how you've reached that price.

You could just book two short stay returns worst case and just use one leg. They're only 170 quid. So 340 at worst.  I just did a few random week plus checks and around 260.

46 minutes ago, notwell said:

Still can see five hundred quid in any combinations over November. Unless there's about seven travelling.

Yes i have recently booked for November car plus 2  about £140 return.

Back to the original topic though, the airports business case for all its grandiose schemes was that passenger figures were to be roughly double what they have achieved. So the airport should look more like one of those Spanish ghost airports rather than one with long queues and cramped security

4 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Yes i have recently booked for November car plus 2  about £140 return.

Back to the original topic though, the airports business case for all its grandiose schemes was that passenger figures were to be roughly double what they have achieved. So the airport should look more like one of those Spanish ghost airports rather than one with long queues and cramped security

1.5 million trips per year was the figure I think.

As a frequent flyer through Ronaldsway, and UK and Europe, I think the problem is two fold.

First, Ronaldsway traffic is bunched with peaks and troughs and there isn't staffing flexibility to cover peaks. 

Second, Ronaldsway is the only airport I travel through where 90% travellers act as if they are 1st time flyers, haven't taken off belts, jackets, put liquids/gels etc into bags and got them convenient. It's a bit like Manx drivers and roundabouts. Stop, hestitste, wait.

Yes it's very poorly laid out as well, which doesn't help.

Archived