Brexit Is Reversible...

La Colombe

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

"But we are not having another referendum and that's absolutely crucial." - Teresa May

Using the Football Protocol, it looks like BrexRef II is on!

Like we weren't having a general election till 2020 you mean?

I don't doubt the ability of politicians to pluck defeat from the jaws of victory for one moment! They seem to be trying hard to make a mess of everything.

There is to be a parliamentary debate on 11 December in response to the petition calling for a second referendum when the terms of UK exit are known.  Entirely logical in my view that the government return to those who mandated Brexit in the first place for endorsement of the negotiating outcome.  Given the internal party divisions, perhaps, just perhaps ....

2 minutes ago, Tarne said:

I don't think anyone believes Brexit is going to go ahead except perhaps Woody at this point. 

I don't believe politicians............ we are all motivated by self interest , I would argue that the vast majority are more motivated than the "chap on the Clapham omnibus"

Just saying:flowers:

57 minutes ago, guzzi said:

There is to be a parliamentary debate on 11 December in response to the petition calling for a second referendum when the terms of UK exit are known.  Entirely logical in my view that the government return to those who mandated Brexit in the first place for endorsement of the negotiating outcome.  Given the internal party divisions, perhaps, just perhaps ....

it should be pointed out 4.1 million people signed the one in 2016, just over 100000 have signed this, it will have zero effect just like the last one.......

We will see, but I think my money is on the Brexit terms taking a form that preserves the UK's relationship with the EU exactly as is for a lengthy transitional period, and almost exactly as is thereafter. 

Because that makes no sense, a second referendum on the terms would provide a relatively orderly way of abandoning the whole farce. The hardline brexiteers would be wrong footed, as they would probably have to campaign for a rejection on the basis that the terms were merely virtual EU membership, but at that stage, with article 50 triggered and time running out, there would be no chance to negotiate anything else and crashing out would be the outcome they would have to try to sell to the electorate.

Archived