Brexit Is Reversible...

La Colombe

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Nice one.  I don't believe that for a second, but thanks for at least trying to be serious.

I'm serious. The brexiteer's would have accepted the vote and gotten on with their lives. Unlike the situation we have now, with all that hard cheese from the 'better' people.

And stop being so fucking confrontational. 

10 minutes ago, quilp said:

I'm serious. The brexiteer's would have accepted the vote and gotten on with their lives. Unlike the situation we have now, with all that hard cheese from the 'better' people.

And stop being so fucking confrontational. 

Bunk.  You know full well the likes of the Sun and the Wail would have been up in arms, with day in day out coverage of "how the will of the people has been ignored" or calls of "EU interference" and "illegal immigrants somehow voting".  Right wing groups and the "stereotypical" Brexit voter would be like a stuck pig (as I have read Remainers referred to).

12 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Shouldn't be too hard to reverse brexit. It's not as if anything has been done towards brexit anyway. 

Don't be silly.

It's generated loads and loads of acrimony, charge and counter-charge, accusation after accusation and so forth.

OK so it seems nothing has been actually produced but getting nowhere has been just so much fun!

£50bn anyone?

People are much better informed now. I’ve tried hard to think like a pensioner, but I just can’t see any upside to Brexit. It’s just an ego trip for the interbred aristocrat faction and boorish alcoholic wing of the Tory party, the Russian backed newspaper owners and the ex Oxbridge young conservatives that run BBC news and current affairs. 

31 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

People are much better informed now. I’ve tried hard to think like a pensioner, but I just can’t see any upside to Brexit. It’s just an ego trip for the interbred aristocrat faction and boorish alcoholic wing of the Tory party, the Russian backed newspaper owners and the ex Oxbridge young conservatives that run BBC news and current affairs. 

So what is the "upside" to the EU that you see? I don't mean Europe, because Europe will always be there, and European countries will always trade with each other if not prevented from doing so by threatened EU tariffs. They will be there long after the EU has dissolved. No, I mean what is the upside of the Brussels bureaucracy and the embryonic superstate? I've asked this many times, but nobody ever provides an answer other than fantasies of love and eternal peace.

2 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

it was labour voters that voted in favour..........

Archived