We are Saved - The Airport Gateway To The Rescue!

Manx Bean

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, notwell said:

I've said already. At best they will have perhaps had some of their costs met if it was agreed that the plug could have been pulled earlier.

As it stands they tendered for a contract.and ultimately were not awarded it. That happens all over government every week.

I'd hazard a guess at a couple of hundred grand at best. It could actually be nothing too.

Of course they were awarded a contract.  There was even a motion in Tynwald to do so.  What wasn't done was for the terms of the contact to be decided upon.  Given that we know that in the Signature Sponsorship case (which some of the same people were involved in) the company ended up being paid a lot of money even though no contract was ever signed, it wouldn't be surprising if there was some similar payoff here.

I agree that IOMG and the judiciary will, if required, be in cahoots. I also agree that whilst Vision 9 have a 'case' - they probably do not have much of a case and that, ultimately, IOMG will call the shots.

So IOMG can absolutely demonstrate ( if they wish to do so) that they run 'Bartertown'. They can, if they they also wish to do so, state to any opponents that 'There is a boat in the morning'.

But ultimately there is a truth to be faced, which is that the IOM simply does not have the political, professional, financial or natural resources  to feck people off and at the same time expect replacements to come knocking on the door with begging bowl. What goes around comes around, and news travels fast.

I have absolutely no idea of the intricacies of the Vision 9 contract details - but I do know that, after this fiasco, if IOMG wish to be taken seriously, then the next 'Invitation to Tender' must be professionally compiled, be based on credible financial value not 'Hope value' and be an open, transparent process, which can be either supported or not supported by the IOM electorate.

On a local scale, IOMG 'Run Bartertown' - on an international / investment scale, they do not (As was ever thus).

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Of course they were awarded a contract.  There was even a motion in Tynwald to do so.  What wasn't done was for the terms of the contact to be decided upon.  Given that we know that in the Signature Sponsorship case (which some of the same people were involved in) the company ended up being paid a lot of money even though no contract was ever signed, it wouldn't be surprising if there was some similar payoff here.

Correct, who on earth agrees to a contact without specifying the exact contract terms (except David Cretney who did exactly the same about 10 years ago) .. 

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Nice idea but we'd need to tackle the SPCo and their pricing first.

Max, you know better than that.

The SPCo is a private company and as such is required to make a profit, just the same as your garage is.

What the Isle of Man Government and other private companies do to promote and run their enterprises is absolutely F all to do with the Steamy.

If they cannot compete with similar attractions across, their is no point blaming the SPCo.

We somehow need to sell what WE have, not some copy of successful enterprises over there. Where are all the clever people these days?

Yeah, you're right, not in the Government. There lies the problem.

Just look at who we have as "leaders". Scary.

6 minutes ago, notwell said:

Steam Packet passenger travel pricing is fine anyway.

According to the biggest self proclaimed apparently high earning finance sector cock on here. When will normal people be given a chance to comment on things that affect normal people? Not self proclaimed high earning finance sector wankshafts who just pop in here to goad people about how silly they are being about essential things going up in price. It’s their fault for being poor obviously as it’s the poor people who are constantly complaining on MF. We can’t give the poor a voice on here, that would be wrong. 

Archived