We are Saved - The Airport Gateway To The Rescue!

Manx Bean

I feel sorry for Skelly, he is charged with probably the most difficult department to manage in as much as it has to be imaginative and take chances in a way that other departments do not. 

We have had countless threads on here where ideas to diversify the economy have been discussed. We have all ended up laughing at each others suggestions as not being workable and the DED have to do it for real. Other departments have a clear mission which is measurable against the service they offer and the cost.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I feel sorry for Skelly, he is charged with probably the most difficult department to manage in as much as it has to be imaginative and take chances in a way that other departments do not. 

We have had countless threads on here where ideas to diversify the economy have been discussed. We have all ended up laughing at each others suggestions as not being workable and the DED have to do it for real. Other departments have a clear mission which is measurable against the service they offer and the cost.

How is it the most difficult Max? The DHSC is difficult as that’s life and death decisions that have immediate impact on people. The DED is just a pointless money spunking personal vanity machine. It’s done fuck all of any substantative value for the Manx economy for years. The more people I bump into from the DED the more I question just what the fuck planet are most of them are on. 

52 minutes ago, localyokel said:

How is it the most difficult Max? The DHSC is difficult as that’s life and death decisions that have immediate impact on people. The DED is just a pointless money spunking personal vanity machine. It’s done fuck all of any substantative value for the Manx economy for years. The more people I bump into from the DED the more I question just what the fuck planet are most of them are on. 

That's what I meant, it's all a bit nebulous in comparison to a department with clear and measurable aims and objectives.  

1 hour ago, localyokel said:

So how did the current biggest contributor to our economy get to and develop on the Isle of Man. 

Just now, dilligaf said:

Sorry, but not by Skelly's efforts. He should go and go soon. Embarrassing.

I couldn’t really care about Skelly. This isn’t about him. 

It was in response to a comment about DED in general. 

For the record I agree with you about Skelly but there are one or two others who should follow him. 

1 minute ago, notwell said:

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Sorry, but not by Skelly's efforts. He should go and go soon. Embarrassing.

I couldn’t really care about Skelly. This isn’t about him. 

It was in response to a comment about DED in general. 

For the record I agree with you about Skelly but there are one or two others who should follow him. 

It's probably safe to say that ALL the hard work done in any department is done by the Civil Servants and not the politicians.

A few on here seem to think it is the other way round.

8 minutes ago, asitis said:

I doubt it. 

They didn’t have a huge case to enter into litigation.   They tendered for something and at the due diligence stage it fell apart. With nothing material signed .

At best they could have an adult conversation about their costs but that’s about it. 

The bigger cost is the number of years wasted on it imho

1 hour ago, asitis said:

You should probably change your link cos that one shows who you are on that site, unless you don't care.

9 hours ago, notwell said:

I doubt it. 

They didn’t have a huge case to enter into litigation.   They tendered for something and at the due diligence stage it fell apart. With nothing material signed .

At best they could have an adult conversation about their costs but that’s about it. 

The bigger cost is the number of years wasted on it imho

If i read the report correcly, there was no effective due diligence. An FD8 was issued so DD went out of the window.

Archived