We are Saved - The Airport Gateway To The Rescue!

Manx Bean

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, asitis said:

An MHK sat in my lounge and told me his aspiration was to attract manufacturing to the island. He didn't seem to grasp simple economics, (thats all I do, simple economics before you say it lol !) the freight in and out was astronomically expensive, energy costs were huge and relocation costs for staff were equally challenging ! 

Until we can address all of these issues, no matter how much wonga DED throw at someone, it will be obvious to them that whatever they do is a non starter here !

don't forget you can buy a unit in the yorkshire england freehold cheaper than a years rent on the rock.....

northern scotland is giving away free serviced plots, yet hardly any have been taken,  scotg have spent millions putting in the services.....

1 minute ago, finlo said:

12 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Because it is rotten, full of damp and does not lend itself to conversion.

Made more than my fair share of damp patches in that place!

On the walls !!!:o

Seriously though, you did better than me. I got ejected out more times than I got the chance to eja...............

19 hours ago, asitis said:

An MHK sat in my lounge and told me his aspiration was to attract manufacturing to the island. He didn't seem to grasp simple economics, (thats all I do, simple economics before you say it lol !) the freight in and out was astronomically expensive, energy costs were huge and relocation costs for staff were equally challenging ! 

Until we can address all of these issues, no matter how much wonga DED throw at someone, it will be obvious to them that whatever they do is a non starter here !

Skelly is quoted in the paper yesterday saying this could generate 1000 jobs. What fucking mind bending drugs are they administering in the DED these days? Do they all sit round a big desk all day freebasing cocaine to see which enormous multi million pound burning piece of shit idea that has no business case behind it whatsoever they can come up with next? The Freeport was an ok idea when it was pitched and it sort of made sense to give it a go as an import export zone and that hasn’t really worked. But an “airport gateway” what the fuck even is it? A gateway to a badly run tiny regional airport in the middle of the Irish Sea. A thousand jobs? That’s just pure unadulterated bullshit. Why doesn’t Skelly just resign before we end up burning three times what we burned on Vision Nine on this nugget of complete shit? 

6 hours ago, localyokel said:

Skelly is quoted in the paper yesterday saying this could generate 1000 jobs. What fucking mind bending drugs are they administering in the DED these days? Do they all sit round a big desk all day freebasing cocaine to see which enormous multi million pound burning piece of shit idea that has no business case behind it whatsoever they can come up with next? The Freeport was an ok idea when it was pitched and it sort of made sense to give it a go as an import export zone and that hasn’t really worked. But an “airport gateway” what the fuck even is it? A gateway to a badly run tiny regional airport in the middle of the Irish Sea. A thousand jobs? That’s just pure unadulterated bullshit. Why doesn’t Skelly just resign before we end up burning three times what we burned on Vision Nine on this nugget of complete shit? 

What he said.

6 hours ago, localyokel said:

Why doesn’t Skelly just resign before we end up burning three times what we burned on Vision Nine on this nugget of complete shit? 

Honestly Skelly is a decent person when dealing with in business - I used to do it a few years ago. Since becoming a doley and seeing what a shambles has become of it I do wonder whether it was him, or his department that really screwed up - and he's just taking the flack. 

Archived