Moorehouse Strikes Again

Manx Bean

• 7 months later...

I was listening to him on the radio today and I have to say that for a school teacher and someone I thought should be clever and well spoken he does sound like a bit of a mong really. Is he getting any media training like the others have had? It’s a bit like listening Benny off Crossroads trying to explain quantum physics to a cat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Linz said:

I was listening to him on the radio today and I have to say that for a school teacher and someone I thought should be clever and well spoken he does sound like a bit of a mong really. Is he getting any media training like the others have had? It’s a bit like listening Benny off Crossroads trying to explain quantum physics to a cat. 

2n8r7k5.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

He does really look like Benny.

He also seems to often roll his shirt sleeves up to look like a demented Morris Dancer as well.

The voice really surprised me coming through the radio though. I’d say he needs some media training to not come across as someone who might have special needs. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/minister-faces-delivery-driver-questions/

Media training? Why on earth would he need that with such clear articulation:

"We kind of ordering more parcels on-island and from off-island and delivery people have got this issue what do we do with it? At the same time people wanting the stuff there when they get home so there's kind of this mixed message going on that people want it but at the same time where's the line between what's acceptable, what's not acceptable when it comes to home affairs and the police and that sort of arena."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ed fournier said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/minister-faces-delivery-driver-questions/

"We kind of ordering more parcels on-island and from off-island and delivery people have got this issue what do we do with it? At the same time people wanting the stuff there when they get home so there's kind of this mixed message going on that people want it but at the same time where's the line between what's acceptable, what's not acceptable when it comes to home affairs and the police and that sort of arena."

I just hope to Christ he wasn’t an English teacher. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ed fournier said:

Thanks for transcribing that soundclip, so no one else had to.  Come back Peter Karran all is forgiven.

Even by the standards of Moorhouse it's fairly incomprehensible, but I think it translates into "A constituent has complained that the Hermes guy put a parcel into their hall without ringing the doorbell".  But only because they did it to me this week (and I don't care either way).  As stated above, the obvious answer to Moorhouse's question What protection a homeowner has to ensure that a delivery person does not enter a home without their prior knowledge and consent?, "Well they could start by locking the door".

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Thanks for transcribing that soundclip, so no one else had to.  Come back Peter Karran all is forgiven.

Even by the standards of Moorhouse it's fairly incomprehensible, but I think it translates into "A constituent has complained that the Hermes guy put a parcel into their hall without ringing the doorbell".  But only because they did it to me this week (and I don't care either way).  As stated above, the obvious answer to Moorhouse's question What protection a homeowner has to ensure that a delivery person does not enter a home without their prior knowledge and consent?, "Well they could start by locking the door".

There is a deep and rich history of Tynwald questions being predicated on the rantings of a single individual whose nonsense is willingly seized upon by a feckless MHK only too willing to prostitute themselves on the floor of the court, rather than telling said ranter to do one. But Our Man in Ballasalla is shooting to the top of that league table of feckless MHKs.

• Haha 1