Moorehouse Strikes Again

Manx Bean

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’m unsure if any of us can mention him either as, judging by a post he made in December, apparently he has been permamently banned from Manx Forums following a complaint by RC himself (according to this Tweet anyway).

https://mobile.twitter.com/CueBall_iom/status/936575158881542144

I share your confusion Declan he is clearly trying to allude to something in the typical way he seems to do. It seems the PAG are asking him to explain fully what he is referring to. 

I am trying not to post on here anymore, but I can’t allow incorrect information to go unchallenged 

I have never tried to get Cueball banned from Manx Forum or anywhere else. 

Only one message in six years I have disputed as a Manx Forum Member and that related to a family member. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

I am trying not to post on here anymore, but I can’t allow incorrect information to go unchallenged 

I have never tried to get Cueball banned from Manx Forum or anywhere else. 

Only one message in six years I have disputed as a Manx Forum Member and that related to a family member. 

It’s none of my business Rob; I just linked to what Cue Ball Tweeted in December in response to Piebaps question as to if anyone is even allowed to mention Cue Balls name anymore. I’m not sure why you feel the need to come on here and have a go at me for that to be honest as it is clear they are not my words. Also for the record I think Piebaps is right and it’s very odd that posters on here still seem genuinely fearful that mentions of certain people or certain posters may well get them banned. Its not like that has ever happened before really. Nice of you to pop in to put us all straight though even though you don’t post on here anymore. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
Typos
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

if he's "having a go" at you, its an incredibly subtle one. Well-nigh imperceptible, in fact. 

He accused me of posting incorrect information. I didn’t. I posted a link to a statement made on Twitter by someone else. So yes basically it’s having a go as I said nothing incorrect whatsoever and to accuse me of doing so was totally uncalled for and wrong. They weren’t even my words used in the post. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

He accused me of posting incorrect information. I didn’t. I posted a link to a statement made on Twitter by someone else. So yes basically it’s having a go as I said nothing incorrect whatsoever and to accuse me of doing so was totally uncalled for and wrong. They weren’t even my words used in the post. 

I read it as a challenge to the original tweet, rather than a go at you, but tomayto, tomaato.

24 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

I read it as a challenge to the original tweet, rather than a go at you, but tomayto, tomaato.

As I said it’s none of my business and yet he included my post in his reply. if he has an issue he should take it up with Cue Ball as that Tweet has been up for months. I only linked to it as a response to Piebaps question above. He is certainly proving though that it’s not even worth making an oblique reference to him as the challenges just get far too tiresome almost instantly. Maybe it’s suggestive of someone with something to hide as there doesn’t seem to have been any real need for him to say what was said?

I also note that the PAG Facebook thread I referred to seems to have been deliberately turned into a mess now. Looks like someone is trying to get that taken down too by spamming it. I wonder does he intend to supply the PAG with an answer? Or will the thread get spammed more until people can’t be bothered reading it? 

If I were an MHK I think I would avoid social media like the plague, nothing nice is ever said about them and it must wind them up and distract them from the job in hand.  Actors and actresses are always advised to avoid reading reviews after a performance as it takes away from their presentation.   However, what is this to do with Jason hater of seagulls and squirrels?   I had high hopes of the new batch of MHKs but so far all they seem to care about are fur and feathered creatures, and the goats of course, makes yer wonder...

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think some of the newer intake seem to be finding their feet and realising who the weak, older, gravy train riders are!

I'm becoming quite optimistic just lately!  

I’ve become the opposite of late but it’s going to take the new recruits especially time to get on their feet and to work out how they can’t trust 80% of the senior civil servants they have to deal with and what total pond life they generally are when it comes to their dealings with almost everyone. The first timers who already seem to have worked that out like Allinson, Caine, Edge, etc, are scoring well. Even the ever optimistic Mr Thomas is doing well behind the scenes I think. The first budget will be up next week too so let’s see how that goes. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

As I said it’s none of my business and yet he included my post in his reply. if he has an issue he should take it up with Cue Ball as that Tweet has been up for months. I only linked to it as a response to Piebaps question above. He is certainly proving though that it’s not even worth making an oblique reference to him as the challenges just get far too tiresome almost instantly. Maybe it’s suggestive of someone with something to hide as there doesn’t seem to have been any real need for him to say what was said?

I also note that the PAG Facebook thread I referred to seems to have been deliberately turned into a mess now. Looks like someone is trying to get that taken down too by spamming it. I wonder does he intend to supply the PAG with an answer? Or will the thread get spammed more until people can’t be bothered reading it? 

I certainly wasn’t having a go at you personally, I was simply correcting the original statement. 

Unfortunately, I don’t follow Cueball on Twitter....

I can’t comment on the questions raised by PAG at this stage and I am certainly not looking for attention. 

I am proud that my weekly Blog actually reflects the work and the hours I put into the role, along with the highs and lows...

The difficultly with Blogs are that once you leave something out then the authenticity of the document is lost, along with any trust. 

So, I will put further details into the public domain when the time is right, and if required.

22 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’ve become the opposite of late but it’s going to take the new recruits especially time to get on their feet and to work out how they can’t trust 80% of the senior civil servants they have to deal with and what total pond life they generally are when it comes to their dealings with almost everyone. The first timers who already seem to have worked that out like Allinson, Caine, Edge, etc, are scoring well. Even the ever optimistic Mr Thomas is doing well behind the scenes I think. The first budget will be up next week too so let’s see how that goes. 

There are some who are working very hard and quietly behind the scenes towards good outcomes, one of these is Peake who doesn't seem to register much in the limelight?