Moorehouse Strikes Again

Manx Bean

With the inevitable work place pensions, rates, taxes, I'm fairly certain that there'll be numerous small businesses clamouring to pay more money into the coffers to be then spunked on some bullshit idea.....just ripe for big corporations to expand into areas left vacant by destroyed small/artisan entities.

What an absolute whopper.

• Like 5

I wouldn't want to suggest a tax, because in terms of a tax it'd be unattractive, something that would put us in a comparatively bad place. But.. something like a charge where you are contributing to society, it could go to health, it could go to leisure, sport, it could go to anything really. Just a way to get something from the companies that is going to contribute toward the Island and improve Island life.

Tax.

Although if we suggest to companies that they should pay a 'charge' that goes towards health, leisure, sport or Government. It could even be a percentage of profit.

(Sarcasm!)

Edited by joeyconcrete
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, joeyconcrete said:

Tax.

Although if we suggest to companies that they should pay a 'charge' that goes towards health, leisure, sport or Government. It could even be a percentage of profit.

It’s not going to fly. It’s hard enough to convince businesses to incorporate in the IOM already. They’d just go to BVI or elsewhere if we brought in a social levy on top. After all why would a business give a shit that IOMG is burning money like an Arab Prince on nothing and can’t balance the books? 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It’s not going to fly. It’s hard enough to convince businesses to incorporate in the IOM already. They’d just go to BVI or elsewhere if we brought in a social levy on top. After all why would a business give a shit that IOMG is burning money like an Arab Prince on nothing and can’t balance the books? 

100% agree. My sarcasm didn't come through strong enough. Any sniff of a corporate tax change, and I believe some larger companies would go quite quickly..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Where the fook did Moorehouse come from...and what tits elected him?

Most of the tits he used to teach I suspect and the parents of the tits.

• Thanks 1