Moorehouse Strikes Again

Manx Bean

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

What’s kicking off over on the PAG Facebook page? The PAG seems to be calling him out on some statements he’s made in this weeks blog? Has he put his foot in it again? 

It quotes this from Rob’s Blog...

“Tuesday
…...a meeting with the Clerk of Tynwald relating to topic I really didn’t see coming. I can’t give further details on this either right now - let’s just say it is another key lesson learned in this extremely difficult role as an MHK, regarding who to trust and who not to trust…….”

Wednesday
…...a presentation by the new Tynwald Commissioner for Administration, but to be perfectly honest I wasn’t in the best mood following the meeting I had had on Tuesday afternoon, so I left the presentation early and took the opportunity to just work at my desk for the rest of the day.”

Seems to coincide with the time, as Roger Mexico pointed out, that he became ineligible to nominate or support anyone in the mlc election because they need him to be a scrutiniser.

Personally, if I was him I’d refuse to scrutinise on the grounds that the posts should be democratically elected. And hopefully that would delay the election for a month and save £20k in wages for the 5 for that month. 

• Like 1

Ok, so it’s just that then? Well the nominations close on the 23rd so perhaps he should have got his act together earlier if that is the reason. Sounds like he’s offering weak excuses to someone who asked for his nomination and he didn’t or couldn’t do it. There’s been too many people nominated now anyway. It’s like a really bad version of X-Factor. They should call a halt to the whole thing now on the grounds that it’s a joke. The sheer number of often talentless washed up gravy train hopefuls shames us all. 

• Like 4

Well his Blog is more detailed than that extract. Much much  more detail including ...

“I took the opportunity last weekend to watch a video with the previous Chief Minister Allan Bell, CBE with Paul Moulton of MTTV. It is worth watching and I definitely share his views in respect of LegCo and the troubles coming down the line, especially relating to the role they may or may not play in a future Manx parliament. 

That’s the main reason I have not nominated anyone for these upcoming LegCo elections.”

Which doesn’t make much sense. Elsewhere he castigates Bell for calling the current backbenchers the most compliant lot ever  and he should know being a Compliance professional. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Declan said:

That’s the main reason I have not nominated anyone for these upcoming LegCo elections.”

Which doesn’t make much sense.

I admit your theory doesn’t make much sense if he also said that. Has he been hauled up in front of the Clerk for anything else then? He seems to use his blog to provide a sort of subliminal messaging service frequently. 

13 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Cue cueball - if I'm allowed to say that

I’m unsure if any of us can mention him either as, judging by a post he made in December, apparently he has been permamently banned from Manx Forums following a complaint by RC himself (according to this Tweet anyway).

https://mobile.twitter.com/CueBall_iom/status/936575158881542144

I share your confusion Declan he is clearly trying to allude to something in the typical way he seems to do. It seems the PAG are asking him to explain fully what he is referring to. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight