Plans for lord street

Blaine

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But gives a much more accurate costing of the actual economics of whatever service is provided.

No reason why government shouldn’t hive off its entire estate into a holding company, held by the NI and Public Service pension funds and then rent back

That’s a bloody good idea. Move all the dead assets in and book all the future realized profits or rental income against the pension funds. Would also focus them on making profits or real returns not giving assets away for basically nothing. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

28 minutes ago, guzzi said:

It's a private development as far as I can see. I don't see any reason to do other than wish it success. It's about time Douglas got something to improve leisure time, not to mention provide more employment.

its not a pfi, but why have iomg announced this and not a developer? it looks to me iomg are backing this..... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, woody2 said:

its not a pfi, but why have iomg announced this and not a developer? it looks to me iomg are backing this..... 

It was leaked, apparently. The Gov then followed up with a press release. Quayle then got his shit together and did some interviews. Any politician will want to bask in a bit of shine from something like this.

Edited by guzzi

7 minutes ago, guzzi said:

It was leaked, apparently. The Gov then followed up with a press release. Quayle then got his shit together and did some interviews. Any politician will want to bask in a bit of shine from something like this.

it was on manx radio website weeks ago......

It was on MR because Councillor Christian made a comment.

Quayle got involved because government own the land.

They'll be either selling or leasing the land to the developer.

This is a project that has been pushed for since early 1990’s, development of the old bus station site. There have been many previous potential projects, announced,  discussed, publicised and then collapsed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, woody2 said:

so no american investment as manx radio said....

:rolleyes:

turns out JLL are just the estate agents:lol:

howards confident so nothing to worry about......

Is that the same Tynwald Mills owner that’s just had to drop £200k to Sandpiper for the failed Tynwald Mills deal? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2

If Howard's confident.....

Personally, I really hope this is a success after so many false starts, it's got to be better than the open sore that it's been since the demolition of the bus station.

I just hope that the people who have done the sums and crunched the numbers took no notice of any shite supplied by DED/DFE/Skelly/Corlett etc.

• Like 3