Plans for lord street

Blaine

3 hours ago, Neil Down said:

The island has trouble filling the cinemas they have. What makes you think a seven screen cinema will fare well?

It isn't me who thinks so, it's the developers, according to the report. 

Most decent sized towns have multiplex cinemas, and running multiple screens in such a complex is pretty efficient with digital projection. If they make the development a destination in its own right, with bars and restaurants, it'll be a pleasant evening/afternoon out.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, guzzi said:

It isn't me who thinks so, it's the developers, according to the report. 

Most decent sized towns have multiplex cinemas, and running multiple screens in such a complex is pretty efficient with digital projection. If they make the development a destination in its own right, with bars and restaurants, it'll be a pleasant evening/afternoon out.

I think this is the key to everything here. On an island which is cold, wet and windy most of the year somewhere where you can spend a few hours undercover and warm with the variety of food, drink and entertainment it'd have to be a winner. If they tagged on some kind of Wacky Warehouse type facility so the parents could get a beer/coffee and the kids could entertain themselves it'd fill a much needed gap in the market. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

And here's what Cineworld in Jersey has on during this month: https://film.list.co.uk/cinema/42906-cineworld-jersey/ 

That’s a great listing of films.  It would certainly get me in.  It’s quite possibly a comfortable clean venue too.  Not that the little Villa cinema here is too bad, but limited in choice of movies. One.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

I think this is the key to everything here. On an island which is cold, wet and windy most of the year somewhere where you can spend a few hours undercover and warm with the variety of food, drink and entertainment it'd have to be a winner. If they tagged on some kind of Wacky Warehouse type facility so the parents could get a beer/coffee and the kids could entertain themselves it'd fill a much needed gap in the market. 

could call it summerland......