More argy Bargy over social housing rents

hissingsid

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, cheesemonster2005 said:

Means testing is needed of course.  There should also be annual means testing too.  
Temporary residents at the address should also be taken into account and included in the means test.  Occupants should be restricted from having more than two children.  Occupants should also be forbidden from taking more than one overseas holiday per year or having a Sky subscription to anything other than the basic package.  How about that?

Can see the Pondy-ites marching in arms on that little lot.... :lol:

1 hour ago, cheesemonster2005 said:

Means testing is needed of course.  There should also be annual means testing too.  
Temporary residents at the address should also be taken into account and included in the means test.  Occupants should be restricted from having more than two children.  Occupants should also be forbidden from taking more than one overseas holiday per year or having a Sky subscription to anything other than the basic package.  How about that?

I take it that's a 'tongue in cheek' statement? 

There are restrictions on local authority housing occupants and their maximum incomes. The wheel does not need to be reinvented, just the current rules being consistently applied. If the authority doesn't apply its own rules then that is their problem.

Local Authority housing was created to house local workers in clean, healthy, affordable and substantial accommodation. It is only in recent years, from the mid 70s and mainly in cities that there has been an emphasis on housing unemployables and basket cases in the same areas as decent hard working people. This has created the illusion that this housing is strictly for the needy where it is not   solely intended for that use at all. It has also resulted in the degeneration of many of these developments into violent, racial flash points and drug havens which thankfully has not happened here to any extent.  

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

I take it that's a 'tongue in cheek' statement? 

There are restrictions on local authority housing occupants and their maximum incomes. The wheel does not need to be reinvented, just the current rules being consistently applied. If the authority doesn't apply its own rules then that is their problem.

Local Authority housing was created to house local workers in clean, healthy, affordable and substantial accommodation. It is only in recent years, from the mid 70s and mainly in cities that there has been an emphasis on housing unemployables and basket cases in the same areas as decent hard working people. This has created the illusion that this housing is strictly for the needy where it is not   solely intended for that use at all. It has also resulted in the degeneration of many of these developments into violent, racial flash points and drug havens which thankfully has not happened here to any extent.  

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

A major problem with LA housing is fucking dickheads like woody looking down on the people who live there. A 3 year old girl from Willaston is scum according to him and his ilk. Fucking dickhead.

:rolleyes:when did i say that......

14 hours ago, cheesemonster2005 said:

That is too far, you've attempted to push this over to the negative side and I can't allow it, this was always about right over wrong and the communal sense of it.

On 12 May 2018 at 6:26 AM, yootalkin2me said:

That is too far, you've attempted to push this over to the negative side and I can't allow it, this was always about right over wrong and the communal sense of it.

Seems reasonable to me and I'm sure lots of people would agree even if they're too afraid to say so.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, woody2 said:

property ownership by some tenants both here and abroad needs looking into.....

If you know of this, why not report it?

3 hours ago, piebaps said:

nmp

3 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

Why do you think he doesn't report it?  I think we all know why he doesn't.

your block button doesn't seem to be working.......

....again......

Perhaps it is not in the conditions that you may not own property and be a tenant ? It would not surprise me, how often are the conditions looked at ?    When social housing first was built I am sure none of the tenants would have been in the position to purchase another property although I am certain most of these tenants owning other properties, locally at least have got them through inheritance.

7 hours ago, piebaps said:
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, woody2 said:

property ownership by some tenants both here and abroad needs looking into.....

Woody is correct though.

I could name 4 or 5 tenants who have property in Spain and have a council house in Williston.

I know of one who has about 4 other properties over here and still lives in a council house.

Do we report them ?

Yes.

Does anything change, NO 

There is your answer,

I should have said that although the tenants complied with conditions when moving in to the property through inheritance they became owners of another property and their may not be a check on that situation, like the one all the fuss was about a bit ago in the local rag.

Archived