Moorhouse and Castletown Square

Last Ten

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chef Raekwon said:

It's hilarious how people do this. 

Now I get that some people have mobility issues, but I'm pretty certain the vast majority of people who do this are just lazy.

I do it just to stop lazy people taking them.

• 7 months later...

Castletown Square is now CLOSED to traffic! Excellent news, it is so much nicer when it isn't a car park. They should have shut it Saturday for the market but hey ho, at least it'll be shut for the next one. And the market was actually quite good, 30 or so stalls and it was fairly busy. 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Castletown Square is now CLOSED to traffic! Excellent news, it is so much nicer when it isn't a car park. They should have shut it Saturday for the market but hey ho, at least it'll be shut for the next one. And the market was actually quite good, 30 or so stalls and it was fairly busy. 

Went through on the bus while the market was on and couldn’t believe they still had parking there. 

2 hours ago, Declan said:

Went through on the bus while the market was on and couldn’t believe they still had parking there. 

Maybe they should have delayed it for another month and have it in place until end of September .  Nothing wrong with parking there out of season.  Think some of the local traders will be a bit upset with this move.

It is shut til September. The local trader who'll be upset is the miserable butcher, but he's upset with everything. I'm all for it. I do think though, that in an attempt to encourage people to use the other car parks that a zebra crossing should be put in place on Farrants Way outside the town hall. I told them that in their parking consultation too.

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It is shut til September. The local trader who'll be upset is the miserable butcher, but he's upset with everything. I'm all for it. I do think though, that in an attempt to encourage people to use the other car parks that a zebra crossing should be put in place on Farrants Way outside the town hall. I told them that in their parking consultation too.

Can’t imagine why they took no notice of anything you proposed... :thumbsup:

This is the famous square where the relative of Jason had his Sarnie pinched by that dastardly seagull no less, the matter was raised in Tynwald, should be recognised as being an important part of Manx history.    No cars ever, ever, ever, bugger the butcher.

Archived