Moorhouse and Castletown Square

Last Ten

2 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

a relief to scruffy twats everywhere

Well it’s more a sort of freedom for scruffy twats. They can get a boat out of here without worrying that they’re potentially excluded. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

He maybe should state on which he would be in agreement with but that is all, 

He maybe should!! Lol are you sure your not Mr Moorhouse,  so is that a yes he should or no he shouldn’t?

The fake news is that it is all done and dusted, the position is with the revolting  trade people there is now going to be an opening for conversation.    In plain speak the Commissioners did not expect such robust opposition and are now doing a side step or possible U turn depending on who in the opposing corners shouts the loudest or has the most clout.   Donald has told me this is the case, so it must be true.

14 hours ago, Linz said:

Have you ever heard of the concept of democracy? Where it makes sense to poll what the majority of people think. Not just implement what you and your mates might think? 

With a democracy you vote people in (national matters MHKs and local matters Commissioners/council) to make decisions on the people's behalf rather than have a public referendum for every decision needed.

5 hours ago, Last Ten said:

He maybe should!! Lol are you sure your not Mr Moorhouse,  so is that a yes he should or no he shouldn’t?

The maybe is up to him as to whether he states his own personal view or not as he's under no obligation to do either.

Moorhouse should be given a large whippy ice-cream cone (with 99 flake) and be made to carry it across Castletown Square - and back - at normal walking pace. If he can prevent it being partially (or wholly) eaten by a marauding seagull, he gets to choose what happens to the square. If he can’t...the seagull gets to choose.

The square is so much nicer when it is parking free. I'd set it out so that summer weekdays you can park on the side by the george til 5 and weekends not at all, and winter the whole time. And I'd stick a zebra crossing from the fire station site to the commissioners. I don't want to criticise them too much, they are clearly trying to improve things. The library is much better, the toilets are nicer, theres an ice cream van in the square most of the time, barrack sq is much improved, the community cinema is a great thing even if the lady who runs it gets a little dispirited sometimes, that guy (jimmy?) Is pushing super hard for a proper skatepark and I think he's now got some lottery money to really step it up. Ignore the whiney butcher, hes too busy to actually follow his leaving threats. Close off the square to traffic in summer its a no brainer.

9 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

The square is so much nicer when it is parking free. I'd set it out so that summer weekdays you can park on the side by the george til 5 and weekends not at all, and winter the whole time. And I'd stick a zebra crossing from the fire station site to the commissioners. I don't want to criticise them too much, they are clearly trying to improve things. The library is much better, the toilets are nicer, theres an ice cream van in the square most of the time, barrack sq is much improved, the community cinema is a great thing even if the lady who runs it gets a little dispirited sometimes, that guy (jimmy?) Is pushing super hard for a proper skatepark and I think he's now got some lottery money to really step it up. Ignore the whiney butcher, hes too busy to actually follow his leaving threats. Close off the square to traffic in summer its a no brainer.

Pretty much agree. Give Hugo is kudos he has done more to improve Castletown in the last 18 months than any of the other commissioners and chairmen have done in the last 18 years. 

The thing with Lennons butchers and sandwich shop they bring plenty of footfall to the square, so the appeasement of him is quite apparent. 

Archived