Moorhouse and Castletown Square

Last Ten

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LightBulb said:

If you are a pub there or coffee shop, or resturant, then it is great, but some one wanting to park to go to the shops, it is a non starter.

If i can`t park there then i will just go on the intertnet to get what i want, with free delivery.

There are shops in Castletown? I thought all the shops had been emptied to make way for the Tilliard Memorial Home - a collection of empty apartments and units that serve to remind us of how great and vibrant Castletown was 20 years ago. 

If people will not take a few minutes walk for to get to the shops the stuff they are selling cannot be up to much.      In Douglas the shops are a few minutes walk from the parking facilities apart from Markies which is usually full.    Motorists think they rule the world these days and people are totally lazy no wonder there are so many fat slobs walking around.

Just now, hissingsid said:

If people will not take a few minutes walk for to get to the shops the stuff they are selling cannot be up to much.      In Douglas the shops are a few minutes walk from the parking facilities apart from Markies which is usually full.    Motorists think they rule the world these days and people are totally lazy no wonder there are so many fat slobs walking around.

"a few miniutes" if i can`t park outside the shop, i buy on the internet ( simples )

45 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

There are shops in Castletown? I thought all the shops had been emptied to make way for the Tilliard Memorial Home - a collection of empty apartments and units that serve to remind us of how great and vibrant Castletown was 20 years ago. 

It was never the same after they stopped the hangings and birchings. No forward thinking eh ? 

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Callows Yard, or The Courtyard as it is now called, had a change of use planning sign up a couple of months back for tourist accommodation. From the look of things the place is damn busy.

Yes, that was reported locally IIRC. Failure in retail so tourist accommodation applied for.

Probably attracts a massive grant or some sort of 100% subsidy. Ask Howard.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Yes, that was reported locally IIRC. Failure in retail so tourist accommodation applied for.

Full of dhss 

• 2 weeks later...

Jason's gonna ask an extremely important burning question in the house today: "what percentage of ingredients does it take to make a product Manx?"

Will they tell him about the kippers?

Is there no end to this nationalistic inanity? What is the point?

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

Jason's gonna ask an extremely important burning question in the house today: "what percentage of ingredients does it take to make a product Manx?"

Will they tell him about the kippers?

Is there no end to this nationalistic inanity? What is the point?

He’ll just be pandering to whatever old lady asked him to ask the question. Nothing more. 

Sat waiting for the bus this morning, watched cars trying to get into Castletown square to park. They were queuing up past the bus stop,when one car left the square the next one in  queue moved in, some parked on the bus stop to nip into the co-op. Plenty of spaces in the car park by the old grammar school. In a recent survey I agreed with the suggestion that the few spaces on the left of the square should be for disabled only. No other cars should be allowed.

5 hours ago, Grandma said:

Sat waiting for the bus this morning, watched cars trying to get into Castletown square to park. They were queuing up past the bus stop,when one car left the square the next one in  queue moved in, some parked on the bus stop to nip into the co-op. Plenty of spaces in the car park by the old grammar school. In a recent survey I agreed with the suggestion that the few spaces on the left of the square should be for disabled only. No other cars should be allowed.

It's hilarious how people do this.  As you say, there's nearly always spaces in the old grammar school car park which is about an extra 60 seconds walk away.

Probably the same people that you see circling the spaces close to the entrance at PE Shoprite rather than just parking in any of the free spaces literally 25 yards away at the end of the top of the car park.  

Now I get that some people have mobility issues, but I'm pretty certain the vast majority of people who do this are just lazy.

7 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

It's hilarious how people do this.  As you say, there's nearly always spaces in the old grammar school car park which is about an extra 60 seconds walk away.

Probably the same people that you see circling the spaces close to the entrance at PE Shoprite rather than just parking in any of the free spaces literally 25 yards away at the end of the top of the car park.  

Now I get that some people have mobility issues, but I'm pretty certain the vast majority of people who do this are just lazy.

Yes but people forget just how lazy people are. If they can’t park conveniently they will just go elsewhere and the shops will lose out, it’s silly I know but sadly it’s true. That’s why Peel Road is almost impassible on Friday nights after work, and on Saturday evenings with all the lazy shites in their 4x4s blocking the road queuing up to drive through McDonalds rather than park outside where the gym used to be and walk 20 feet to stuff their faces. 

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:08 AM, Gizo said:

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yes but people forget just how lazy people are. If they can’t park conveniently they will just go elsewhere and the shops will lose out, it’s silly I know but sadly it’s true. That’s why Peel Road is almost impassible on Friday nights after work, and on Saturday evenings with all the lazy shites in their 4x4s blocking the road queuing up to drive through McDonalds rather than park outside where the gym used to be and walk 20 feet to stuff their faces. 

That’s because they can’t walk 20 feet - the fat fuckers visit McDonalds too frequently.

Archived