Rob Callister

La Colombe

1 minute ago, Chef Raekwon said:

I mean everyone knew that Rob Callister is not equipped with the skills for any ministerial position, let alone that one.  So I can only assume that Alf knew this and has essentially allowed him to hang himself by his own petard?

So the better plan is to put Hooper in charge?

• Haha 4

It is unfortunate we seem to have to give our senior MHKs a role as Minister without making reference to their skills and abilities  only to their seniority.

Mr Callister has no track record of achievements in his time in Tynwald  he does look after his constituents which he does well given the high number of votes which returned him at the last election.

I was always  suspicious of his ability to work with others or take in views which contradicts his own opinions.

His inability to succeed in completing the task of ensuring we have a scoreboard for the TT is anything to go by then no one should be surprised other than his support in the Onchan constituency .

3 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

It is unfortunate we seem to have to give our senior MHKs a role as Minister without making reference to their skills and abilities  only to their seniority.

Mr Callister has no track record of achievements in his time in Tynwald  he does look after his constituents which he does well given the high number of votes which returned him at the last election.

I was always  suspicious of his ability to work with others or take in views which contradicts his own opinions.

His inability to succeed in completing the task of ensuring we have a scoreboard for the TT is anything to go by then no one should be surprised other than his support in the Onchan constituency .

Have any of the current crop got a decent track record?