Fairy tales?

doc.fixit

Another article on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece, about a Channel 5 feature which featured the IOM, with a contribution from Manx  National Hemorage. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/island-featured-on-channel-5-series/

Years ago the tourist board would trumpet in advance any ‘good’ news Manx shows, and we would be encouraged to defend the island like keyboard warriors against  aggressive or negative tv shows. Someone from the Starship Enterprise ‘tourism’posted this today - after the shows broadcast. Do the tourist department of DED only work 9-5, 5 day week??

Still I would love to hear Skelly bullshit publicity calculator whir into action

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Another article on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece, about a Channel 5 feature which featured the IOM, with a contribution from Manx  National Hemorage. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/island-featured-on-channel-5-series/

Years ago the tourist board would trumpet in advance any ‘good’ news Manx shows, and we would be encouraged to defend the island like keyboard warriors against  aggressive or negative tv shows. Someone from the Starship Enterprise ‘tourism’posted this today - after the shows broadcast. Do the tourist department of DED only work 9-5, 5 day week??

Still I would love to hear Skelly bullshit publicity calculator whir into action

Well government doesnt start properly back until tomorrow. They probably claimed overtime to knock that up! 

Its been uncannily quiet on here too hasn’t it? No doubt it will pick up when all the civil servants are back tomorrow with bugger all to do but post on MF and Facebook all day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2018 at 9:53 PM, slinkydevil said:

Saw some photos of the Bradda head fairy house today, with bits missing and damage to the roof. That must be about £2000 worth of damage, judging by installation costs.

I wonder if they came with an NHBC warranty, although come to think of it I don't think that covers the roof blowing off, as residents of a certain Dandara estate  in Kirk Michael will no doubt confirm.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chris C said:

I wonder if they came with an NHBC warranty, although come to think of it I don't think that covers the roof blowing off, as residents of a certain Dandara estate  in Kirk Michael will no doubt confirm.

And or one of them in Peel!

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:51 PM, thesultanofsheight said:

Well government doesnt start properly back until tomorrow. They probably claimed overtime to knock that up! 

Its been uncannily quiet on here too hasn’t it? No doubt it will pick up when all the civil servants are back tomorrow with bugger all to do but post on MF and Facebook all day. 

What big green eyes you have, said mister wolf.

It ok the real cost of the not maintenance free fairy houses was only £11,000.00

that should stop the moaning and complaining from people on here.

But it does beg the other question who received the other £15,000.00 for the promotion ?

Edited by Holte End

10 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

Just visited Dhoon Glen with the family today see the fairy houses (only found one.)

The car park was full and lots of people in the Glen. Last weekend we went to Bradda and I’ve never seen as many people there. 

How much did they spend while there?

• Thanks 1