Chaos At Gatwick...

La Colombe

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lxxx said:

Not quite sure how local this is.

It's the other end of the IoM-Gatwick Easyjet bit of string. Lots of folk hoping to fly off the rock are being inconvenienced.

Personally I blame Putin, or the PLA, or maybe even Junker Macron .....  This  has to be one of the most cost effective uses of tech to cause economic disruption that I've ever seen.

1 minute ago, doc.fixit said:

................crap really, daughter and young son are/were flying from Gatwick back home here tomorrow.............don't know what's going to happen yet...........

Get them over to Luton, it's only an hour on a train from Gatwick

Yep Mother Phantom was on the flight from IOM to Gatwick last night.  It got diverted before landing to Manchester. 

At 2am she was on a coach to Gatwick and arrived there at 7am.  Luckily just going to the London area with no connections. 

Just now, Bobbie Bobster said:

Maybe you need to get out more.

I get out plenty. What do you mean? If you thought I was literally sitting waiting for it to happen for years before going on to do anything else then you picked up the wrong end of the stick. I thought that would be obvious, but clearly I expect too much.

It just seemed like something that the idiots would jump on and exploit sooner than they have. The really bad idiots and the just simple idiot idiots. I am saying it's an easy way to cause maximum hassle for a lot of people.

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

Not quite sure how local this is.

What is the point in the usual 'how is this local?' comment?  Is it to indicate how you're cleverer than the OP by recognising that Gatwick is not on the Isle of Man?  It happens almost every time there's a post in this sub-forum that isn't exclusively confined to a 15 mile radius around Foxdale.  So what?

18 minutes ago, wrighty said:

What is the point in the usual 'how is this local?' comment?  Is it to indicate how you're cleverer than the OP by recognising that Gatwick is not on the Isle of Man?  It happens almost every time there's a post in this sub-forum that isn't exclusively confined to a 15 mile radius around Foxdale.  So what?

It is kinda local...air links mean several hundred of us could be affected.

Archived