Where do you get your science?

Chinahand

I’ve got a good general grounding from school and university. I pick up biological science from medical journals, but for physics I tend to try and drill down into a subject rather than just get a superficial idea. I spent a few years on general relativity, trying now for particle physics/QED through books that cover the fundamentals and the maths in detail. 

7 hours ago, wrighty said:

I’ve got a good general grounding from school and university. I pick up biological science from medical journals, but for physics I tend to try and drill down into a subject rather than just get a superficial idea. I spent a few years on general relativity, trying now for particle physics/QED through books that cover the fundamentals and the maths in detail. 

Just love relativity and anything to do with the creation of the universe and its laws, as well as down to the quantum level. Just mind blowing. I still think that Einstein was the man. To get your mind around his theories with it all in front of you is challenging enough, but when you extend that to the idea of coming up with all of that in the first place. Phenomenal.

Archived