Police Cars

LightBulb

I came down Ricmond Hill today, and a copper at the home for horses was doing speed checks, not entirley un-expected,  but what i didn`t expect to see was that he was in a brand new un-marked "top of the range" grey touring BMW.

When tynwald granted the Chief Constable an extra £3.5m in his budget, i thought it was to be spent for general policing, and not to be spent on grandio`s police cars.

Edited by LightBulb
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

I came down Ricmond Hill today, and a copper at the home for horses was doing speed checks, not entirley un-expected,  but what i didn`t expect to see was that he was in a brand new un-marked "top of the range" grey touring BMW.

When tynwald granted the Chief Constable an extra £3.5m in his budget, i thought it was to be spent for general policing, and not to be spent on grandio`s police cars.

Have you forgotten you live on the Isle of Man. Can’t have those policemen walking the beat...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

One hour of speed checks on Richmond Hill and the BMW was probably paid for.

No sure about that, i seen him waving his hands a lot, but none of the cars in front of me seem to notice him, and i didn`t either, ( although i did see a few cars in front of me doing a "temperature check" sticking thier fingure up outside just to see how cold it was ) .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was a right nobber in the newspaper last week. Got caught speeding down Kewaigue Hill and didn't stop. He was seen flashing his lights at the top of the hill. Apparently this was in reply to a fellow motorist (who was flashing him a warning that there was a speed trap). Like a nobber he must have arrogantly thought "Who you flashing at pal?" and aggressively flashed back. The law of Karma caught him out just a few seconds later.

Oh, and on another matter a guy got done for a few things including no insurance. 450 quid was all. I suppose it must pay them not to bother with insurance if that is all they get fined. Time for a fine revision Tynwald. 

Edited by gettafa

30 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Oh, and on another matter a guy got done for a few things including no insurance. 450 quid was all. I suppose it must pay them not to bother with insurance if that is all they get fined. Time for a fine revision Tynwald. 

no fines , just crush the vehicle.

• Thanks 2