TT copyright

hampsterkahn

Just now, Rushen Spy said:

I see Rob's latest blog promotional image includes a copy of the image from Loonies of Ramsey.

Surely if Loonies were in breach of copyright for using the image, Rob is also now in breach of copyright for using it too?

I don't see much difference between use of an image to sell a t-shirt, and use of an image to promote a blog and a political candidacy in the next general election.

That's because you are an idiot.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rushen Spy said:

I see Rob's latest blog promotional image includes a copy of the image from Loonies of Ramsey.

Surely if Loonies were in breach of copyright for using the image, Rob is also now in breach of copyright for using it too?

I don't see much difference between use of an image to sell a t-shirt, and use of an image to promote a blog and a political candidacy in the next general election.

Try taking the blinkers off and looking again.

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

He’s not an idiot, he makes a reasonable point on the publication of trading images. 

No he does not. RC may be a fool, but nothing wrong with his use of said pic.

But RS is an idiot.

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

He’s not an idiot, he makes a reasonable point on the publication of trading images. 

He’s not...he really isn’t

Just now, dilligaf said:

No he does not. RC may be a fool, but nothing wrong with his use of said pic.

But RS is an idiot.

I would think if Looneys have registered their logo they probably could have an issue with other people reproducing pictures of it. It seems to exemplify the idea that government people don’t even give it a second thought to not publish something to make a point, whereas clearly everyone else needs to think twice about what they do in order to not get a visit from government. 

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

I would think if Looneys have registered their logo they probably could have an issue with other people reproducing pictures of it. It seems to exemplify the idea that government people don’t even give it a second thought to not publish something to make a point, whereas clearly everyone else needs to think twice about what they do in order to not get a visit from government. 

I doubt Looneys registered it though.

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Try taking the blinkers off and looking again.

I looked again and I'm seeing the same thing: Rob is using the image of Loonies design in his own blog's promotional image.

Why is it a copyright issue for Loonies, but not for Rob's blog?

6 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I looked again and I'm seeing the same thing: Rob is using the image of Loonies design in his own blog's promotional image.

Why is it a copyright issue for Loonies, but not for Rob's blog?

You really can't see? I mean really ?

9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You really can't see? I mean really ?

See what? I see an image that Loonies are told they're not allowed to use due to copyright, and I see Rob using the same image.

8 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

Looney''s of Ramsey is a long established and incredibly strong brand, that misuse of their logo will probably cost them around £3 million in potential lost sales.

8 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

The blog also mentions him listening to a TT practice session on Manx Radio.  If he heard Manx Radio cover the practice session, then they’re in breach of the DFE agreement for the new TT radio service.  Presumably Rob is mistaken.

Although he does mention in the blog something new called Isle of Man Radio TT, even though that isn’t what the new service is called.  He perhaps needs to understand about branding and brand names before preaching to everybody else.

The words ‘arse’ and ‘elbow’ come to mind, hopefully even he can tell the difference between which is which.

I will commend him though for being able to listen a TT practice session, as there have been very few so far this year!

2 hours ago, Gagster said:

The blog also mentions him listening to a TT practice session on Manx Radio.  If he heard Manx Radio cover the practice session, then they’re in breach of the DFE agreement for the new TT radio service.  Presumably Rob is mistaken.

Although he does mention in the blog something new called Isle of Man Radio TT, even though that isn’t what the new service is called.  He perhaps needs to understand about branding and brand names before preaching to everybody else.

The words ‘arse’ and ‘elbow’ come to mind, hopefully even he can tell the difference between which is which.

I will commend him though for being able to listen a TT practice session, as there have been very few so far this year!

Yeah. I noticed that yesterday afternoon the TT service was being simulcast on Manx Radio FM. That has happened in previous years but I would have thought it more difficult now. Does the government have to pay extra for the exposure on FM? Or does Manx Radio have to pay the government for using the government funded output to fill the FM frequencies? What about the local advertisers who would have paid to be on FM? They weren't allowed to be featured on the TT output that went out on both channels. Or was the person in charge totally unaware of the machinations and just carried on doing what they've done for years?

Archived