TT copyright

hampsterkahn

34 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Obviously someone's finally taken the advice given earlier on Manx Forums:

On 5/29/2019 at 9:13 PM, slinkydevil said:

These guys have sponsored ads all over facebook. I bet they don't care about any IOM trademarks. Mind you, it could be a nice jolly to Miami for a government bod.

https://titi3d79.com/shop/isleofmantt2405?pid=dNpb8JYGt4vcSTKn&cid=Cgny2zIQpD2RQW3c&sid=2

It will be interesting to see how Facebook respond to the takedown request - though I can't help noticing that DfE have waited till after TT is over to action it.  Presumably it means they can claim victory when the US company stops advertising when it was going to anyway.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Obviously someone's finally taken the advice given earlier on Manx Forums:

It will be interesting to see how Facebook respond to the takedown request - though I can't help noticing that DfE have waited till after TT is over to action it.  Presumably it means they can claim victory when the US company stops advertising when it was going to anyway.

As you say - fine taking action now the TT is over and they’d probably stop selling TT t-shirts online anyway as anyone wanting one will have already bought it. 

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

The Dfe will not find the Miami lot as easy to bully as Looneys were, if I were Looneys I would give them to various charities to raffle then they would at least get some publicity out of it.

Amazing that when it suits them to justify ridiculous expenditure the first thing they cite is publicity ...... this will certainly get publicity.....  bad publicity, how do you value that on the balance sheet ? I hope Miami tell them to eff off !!!!

I could IoMG being made to look very, very arrogant and stupid over this.

Or coming out of it a lot worse off financially by the time the briefs have had their considerable bit.

Or both.

8 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Rob Callster is too fucking spineless to collar the bloke he shares an office with:

http://www.manxinspirations.com/IsleofManTT Gifts?product_id=435

Good luck in trying a bigger racing event than the IOM edition........

Out of his depth in the Mooragh Park paddling pool.

Sad but true. I think he means well, but thinks we are al daft

10 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I’ve never understood how the man who is head of the DfE which licenses all the TT merchandise doesn’t have a massive (humungous in fact) conflict of interest flogging licensed TT items online? It would not be allowable anywhere else under conflict of interest rules. 

He's not a licence holder - that's why he changed the name of his business 2 years ago it was TTinspirations - but still he knocks out TT tat with no recourse....

39 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Sad but true. I think he means well, but thinks we are al daft

That goes for just about all our elected representatives.

The continued bolstering of their egos by the highly paid and pensioned officials in the Civil Service makes them actually believe they are so very wonderful and brainy and that.

They believe their thoughts when they stood for election that they are indeed superior human beings.

And yes, we are all, ipso dipso, daft 

28 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

He's not a licence holder - that's why he changed the name of his business 2 years ago it was TTinspirations - but still he knocks out TT tat with no recourse....

Not sure he does to be fair to him.

I remember shopping at Manx Inspirations in Union Mills, so maybe you are a little confused

Archived