TT copyright

hampsterkahn

I see that Looneys in  Ramsey at least benefited from quite a lot of free publicity following their visit from the “men from the ministry of something or other”   after using the letters “TT “ on some shirts.

How far does this extend ?

Should TT  tow brackets  in Warwickshire be nervous?

0B06ABD1-F7F0-4DDD-B776-BA5B76FD6365.jpeg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our dear glorious Departmental Represemtative, the esteemed member for the hamlet of Onchan, has been on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this morning? decrying the loss of revenues and generally talking bullshit as always. Again like the Bushys fiascos he will roll over, say there are exceptions and kick the can down the road. Come next year, this subject will raise its head, thick civil servants will be leading the witch hunt against small shops etc.

Incidentally in his rather overblown interview, he waffled about standards and quality of merchandise. Can we be 100% assured that these meet EU/CE standards on quality? This includes official merchandise and TT T shirts printed off locally. 

Standards and Revenues seem to apply to some rather than all. Like I mentioned on another post, some business are putting banners up on walls on the course. These walls are for the official sponsors. Are people taking a blind eye?

14 minutes ago, hampsterkahn said:

I see that Looneys in  Ramsey at least benefited from quite a lot of free publicity following their visit from the “men from the ministry of something or other”   after using the letters “TT “ on some shirts.

How far does this extend ?

Should TT  tow brackets  in Warwickshire be nervous?

0B06ABD1-F7F0-4DDD-B776-BA5B76FD6365.jpeg

You need to go away and read up about IP law. DfE will have the TT mark registered in relation to categories of commercial products used in relation to the IOM TT races. Clearly, it could not be registered for any use of the letters TT used together for any other purpose. 

Can someone explain to me how after such a long time that the TT races has resulted in so many things that have been on sale all over the place it is possible to copyright anything to do with the TT? Surely it's in the public domain?

1 minute ago, Rog said:

Can someone explain to me how after such a long time that the TT races has resulted in so many things that have been on sale all over the place it is possible to copyright anything to do with the TT? Surely it's in the public domain?

A lot this subject and Politicos spouting shite to please ‘sponsors’, is a breach of common sense. There is no overall joined up approach. At the first whiff of negative publicity a la Bushys with the tow over TT wording, and merchandise - IOMG caved in with a ‘co-existence’ agreement. So they won’t hammer Bushys, instead this year they will hammer Looneys of Ramsey..........got to be seen doing something to protect the brand! Which other business will it be next year? Let’s face they won’t pick on Bushys as they fought back, so in a dictatorship they tend to go for the little guys or low hanging fruit. 

11 minutes ago, 2112 said:

A lot this subject and Politicos spouting shite to please ‘sponsors’, is a breach of common sense. There is no overall joined up approach. At the first whiff of negative publicity a la Bushys with the tow over TT wording, and merchandise - IOMG caved in with a ‘co-existence’ agreement. So they won’t hammer Bushys, instead this year they will hammer Looneys of Ramsey..........got to be seen doing something to protect the brand! Which other business will it be next year? Let’s face they won’t pick on Bushys as they fought back, so in a dictatorship they tend to go for the little guys or low hanging fruit. 

What I don't understand is how the TT has become a brand let alone copyright it.

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Currently being discussed in Manx Radio where absolutely nobody seems to agree with the comments from RC...

No shit?

It was also briefly mentioned that anything that had been in place before the licensing was not affected.   This was in response to a man who had been flogging the same gear for charity for 40 years and had been pulled by the men in suits at the grandstand last year.  Is this correct ?

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

It was also briefly mentioned that anything that had been in place before the licensing was not affected.   This was in response to a man who had been flogging the same gear for charity for 40 years and had been pulled by the men in suits at the grandstand last year.  Is this correct ?

I think he said it happened three years ago.

7 hours ago, 2112 said:

In all fairness, Bushys is a huge draw for fans, local or visitors. I don’t agree with the use of the Villa, but they are part of the “show” now and without them the town would be dead.

So much for the Hooded Ram lot. ( not you Rob )

There a lots of businesses on the Island that are really badly affected by the races and lose money there used to be a lot more money in it for local firms as all the people who had boarding houses had a few bob to spend after the event and the cash went around. A lot of people would clear their slate at various shops after TT and so on.   Everyone I knew had night jobs in the summer to get through the winter it was the norm and accepted.

Archived