Queen Birthday Honours 2019

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Yeh but you're focussing on two undeserved awardees. One plays football and the other uber establishment who pontificates in a drawly swetty sock accent. Both just doing their job and both well paid.

To be fair, Steve Rodan doesn't get paid as much as Harry Kane, but then he never scored a goal with his arse at the World Cup finals either.

17 hours ago, gettafa said:

I have nothing against oor Steve personally, and find him a rather jovial bimbling sort of chap that blows a tune on the bagpipes. And wears the fancy gowns and sits upon meetings for a fair wedge of wonga.

But seriously...what the fuckety, fuck fuck has this guy EVER done that deserves a goddamn fucking gong.

Fucking seriously folks.

What a pile of unexpurgated fucking shite.

The Queens awards system summed up in a wonner. Especially when you put these extreme gravy trainers against people who have actually done something for society.

It’s the same when actors/ sportspeople get a gong for services rendered. It’s not enough that they get stupid amounts of money thrown at them

9 minutes ago, kevster said:

Sometimes more than twice a year. 

New year honours, birthday honours, maybe a dissolution honours list as well. 

Prime minister retirement honours, infamous from Wilson’s lavender list onwards.

Why is no one mentioning IoM resident Mitch Murray, the 5th “Manx” recipient this time?

16 hours ago, woolley said:

I loved his comment: "I always say public service is its own reward already. It’s been a great privilege to serve in Tynwald."

Presumably he'll be refunding the hefty stipend remitted over the past 20 odd years then.

I don't often agree with The Woolster but I felt exactly the same way. What a fatuous comment from a professional nobody.

Didn't know he was jewish mind...

14 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I don't often agree with The Woolster but I felt exactly the same way. What a fatuous comment from a professional nobody.

Didn't know he was jewish mind...

The way they are doled out, you can hardly class them as "honours" of any description.

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Why is no one mentioning IoM resident Mitch Murray, the 5th “Manx” recipient this time?

Well Manx Radio picked up on it, but I suspect the IOM Newspapers piece was derived from a press release which would only have mentioned those who were listed on the separate Isle of Man list in the London Gazette (Fox's BEM is on page 31).  Murray's CBE was on the general UK list.

31 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well Manx Radio picked up on it, but I suspect the IOM Newspapers piece was derived from a press release which would only have mentioned those who were listed on the separate Isle of Man list in the London Gazette (Fox's BEM is on page 31).  Murray's CBE was on the general UK list.

Disappointing that such a long term Manx resident wasn’t picked up on. 

Archived