Companies closing down

LightBulb

3 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

How many born locally have parents who were born here locally? Manx people are less than a third of the population and half of them are on their last legs in retirement homes.

Can you remind us again how many of your grandfathers are Manx

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Primator said:

Small isolated populations cannot maintain diversity; they always tend to result in a shrinking gene pool and consequential fall in genetic variance.

The Isle of Man was never an isolated population. We were at the centre of trade around the British Isles and further afield going right back to antiquity.

26 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

The Isle of Man was never an isolated population. We were at the centre of trade around the British Isles and further afield going right back to antiquity.

Well if the Isle of Man was never isolated and ‘special’, then what does it mean to be Manx? If it isn’t the product of the type of noble isolationism that you appear to aspire to, then it is just another bunch of mongrels clinging to a rock.

18 hours ago, Primator said:

Well if the Isle of Man was never isolated and ‘special’, then what does it mean to be Manx? If it isn’t the product of the type of noble isolationism that you appear to aspire to, then it is just another bunch of mongrels clinging to a rock.

This has been explained repeatedly on here. The Manx are a people and nation, not a race. I do not aspire for "isolationism", I aspire for the island to not be a small colony of the UK.

The high street pay a fortune in business rates and rent...and then the Corpy charge a fortune for parking.

It's a no-brainer why businesses are closing down or moving out of towns. For many, it's their last stand against the internet.

Traffic wardens - business prevention officers. Corpy...bunch of overpaid robbing spendthrifts, here to serve themselves not Joe Public. Some of the salaries in there even for the likes of secretaries are obscene.

18 hours ago, Primator said:

?

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Traffic wardens - business prevention officers. Corpy...bunch of overpaid robbing spendthrifts, here to serve themselves not Joe Public. Some of the salaries in there even for the likes of secretaries are obscene.

Corpy aren't alone in that. Other local authorities paying phenomenal "Town Hall Officer" salaries for tending to the affairs of villages.

Job creation for mates and empire building. Elected boards misled. It's all quietly going on with Joe Public being bled white for it.

4 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

This has been explained repeatedly on here. The Manx are a people and nation, not a race. I do not aspire for "isolationism", I aspire for the island to not be a small colony of the UK. 

You are the only one talking about race, although I suspect if the Manx were a race then you would almost certainly come last.

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Good luck. Hope it works out for them. There are much easier ways to make money than bricks and mortar retailing to a largely ungrateful public. 

that's what we like to hear... positive thinking

7 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

that's what we like to hear... positive thinking

Yeah. As I said, I wish them all the luck in the world. It does seem that there is expertise, track record and some buying power there. It's a massive struggle nowadays though. Even if you are keen on price and your service is second to none, you face prejudice from the majority who will not give you a chance because they are convinced online is best.  

21 minutes ago, woolley said:

Yeah. As I said, I wish them all the luck in the world. It does seem that there is expertise, track record and some buying power there. It's a massive struggle nowadays though. Even if you are keen on price and your service is second to none, you face prejudice from the majority who will not give you a chance because they are convinced online is best.  

Agree fully. I know a couple of retailers who will match internet prices but still shoppers feel the internet is the wiser choice... until the item breaks down

Archived