Companies closing down

LightBulb

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

I don't even have to visit a branch to pay in a cheque anymore - can do it via an app on my phone. £100 from a cash machine will last me a month due to contactless payment. Payments done via the app. Even telephone calls to the bank are few and far between now. It's sad the branches are closing but there's easier solutions for most of the tasks that they traditionally did. 

Even were you to receive a cheque you can always send it in by post. I've not visited my bank (NatWest) for five years, haven't received a cheque for two years (and that was from an old fart).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven’t been in a bank for 38 years. Which just goes to show that wearing a balaclava and carrying a sawn-off when you do has more of an effect than population or technology.

26 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Even were you to receive a cheque you can always send it in by post. I've not visited my bank (NatWest) for five years, haven't received a cheque for two years (and that was from an old fart).

Well I'd have to visit a post office to buy an envelope and a stamp to do that. But the app allows me to scan it and they clear it automagically. 

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

Well I'd have to visit a post office to buy an envelope and a stamp to do that. But the app allows me to scan it and they clear it automagically. 

Point taken, I could probably do that (have a Nokia 1) but still have a post office here in the local store.

Image result for mawnan smith spar

Archived