The Laurence Lottery (the gift that keeps giving)

Manx Bean

Really scratching on the bottom planks of the barrel now. Govt. is literally gambling for a future economy on this Island.

Still, I'm sure they'll come from far and wide to purchase Manx National Lottery tickets knowing that they'll be making a meaningful difference to our National Debts.

Not.

Take it from someone who worked for one of the biggest lottery operators in the world. Lotteries make a ton of cash for whoever operates them with very little effort. Not as mad an idea as you might think.

Not a bad idea but ...... but ........

The operator owner will be offshore so no tax revenue,  I imagine a lottery will not be a big employer,  nearly every aspect will be automated.  So what is in it for us other than the licence fee? The answer will be in a whole new department of regulators who will stifle the whole operation.

46 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Lotteries make a ton of cash for whoever operates them with very little effort. Not as mad an idea as you might think.

I'll bet that Lawrence and the DfE could turn that on its head....

I say go for it. It's easy money. Very easy money.

Although not half as easy as the extra £200 million per annum in extra VAT payment the UK was pouring into the Isle of Man.

Imagine a town of 85,000 getting  the equivalent of a lottery winner, each and every week for a few years. You'd think the place would be a veritable paradise with all that money sloshing about. Wouldn't you.

13 hours ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

The only thing we can sell now internationally is over-regulation so this is a great idea. A massive over-regulated lottery where people can be safe in the knowledge that the good old IOM will make sure they get their lottery winnings provided they register with their full name, full address, validated post code, a certified copy of their passport, a certified copy of their utility bill, their inside leg measurement validated by their tailor, and a reference from their local vicar. 

Yes, Europe needs the dead hand of IOMG bureaucracy - it's the natural follow on to 'No Deal' #Brexit

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

You'd think the place would be a veritable paradise with all that money sloshing about. Wouldn't you.

It doubtless is for the favoured and lucky some. And will remain so...

Archived