Greta Thunberg

Freggyragh

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Crossing the Atlantic in a yacht in August. Taking on the most powerful politicians on Earth and inspiring a generation. At 16. I’m no eco-warrior, but she has made me think about what I can do. There are a lot of sad flabby science deniers who wouldn’t last a day on a yacht who hate her - are you one of them? 

She's also a very good actor.

From The Club of Rome's paper "The Limits To Growth"

"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome.
The real enemy then is humanity itself. We believe humanity requires a common motivation, namely a common adversary in order to realize world government. It does not matter if this common enemy is a real one or one invented for the purpose.” – Club of Rome, 1971.

Opera Snapshot_2019-09-23_153005_www.youtube.com.png

3 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Illnesses?  As far as I am aware she has autism which is not an illness or disease.  

keep up at the back.......her parents told her that her illnesses are caused by climate change.......hence she started campaigning......

so lets see the evidence......

8 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I'll bite. I wanted out but they just kept...pulling....me....back.

That was shown up as a pointless PR stunt no doubt devised by her 'advisers'.

I don't hate her, but similarly I don't worship at her feet. She's a 16 year old child and I'm amazed how many grown-ups see her as some sort of a saviour.

Hmm, not overly keen on kids who may be a bit 'different' are you Stu.

13 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

So if your neighbour was fly tipping, you would think it was acceptable to also fly tip?

Grow up.

No, I'd probably give him an opportunity to clear the mess up or I'd report him.

Grow up? What the fuck has that to do with anything? 

5 minutes ago, PottyLisa said:

Hmm, not overly keen on kids who may be a bit 'different' are you Stu.

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

Not different Lisa - manipulated... there's a difference

it's child abuse.....anyone watching that speech should be able to see it.......

32 minutes ago, woody2 said:

whats your solution? like extinction rebellion?.......shut the nhs, shut supermarkets and go and live in a mud hut.......as long as you can keep your iphone, your polluting electric car and a diesel generator to charge it "off grid".........

I’m not talking about a solution here. I’m talking about a significant proportion of people, Mr Peters included, who are taking the lazy way out of having to do ANYTHING to effect change because they don’t accept the science and they refuse to investigate It because it’s easier to sit on their arses and recite nonsense about how the earth has always warmed up and cooled down. 

EHe’s a presenter on our national station and he has made his opinion very clear on a number of occasions and the ones in the same, ‘can’t be arsed and I’ll be dead soon so what does it matter and didn’t it snow last winter so there can’t be a problem anyway’ brigade listen to him and it validates their point of view and saves them having to do anything. It’s not balanced, it’s not professional.  That’s my point. 

1 minute ago, ecobob said:

I’m not talking about a solution here. I’m talking about a significant proportion of people, Mr Peters included, who are taking the lazy way out of having to do ANYTHING to effect change because they don’t accept the science and they refuse to investigate It because it’s easier to sit on their arses and recite nonsense about the earth has always warmed up and cooled down. He’s a presenter on our national station and he has made his opinion very clear on a number of occasions and the ones in the same, ‘can’t be arsed and I’ll be dead soon so what does it matter and didn’t it snow last winter so there can’t be a problem anyway’ brigade listen to him and it validates their point of view and saves them having to do anything. That’s my point. 

so no solution? when you have one let manx radio know and they can have you on......

There are many solutions. Go an investigate if you’re really interested. For the second time my post is not about solutions, it’s about Mr Peter’s response about Greta T and his entrenched attitudes. Please do not try to word salad me on this. I know exactly what you are doing and I won’t be drawn. 

10 minutes ago, ecobob said:

There are many solutions. Go an investigate if you’re really interested. For the second time my post is not about solutions, it’s about Mr Peter’s response about Greta T and his entrenched attitudes. Please do not try to word salad me on this. I know exactly what you are doing and I won’t be drawn. 

Go on then...

Archived