• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

"You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words,"

Someone told her Santa wasn't real.

"If you choose to fail us, we will never forgive you"

She should try supporting Everton...

Find me a 16 year old who genuinely believes in Santa... most kids know Santa does not really exist by the time they are halfway through Primary School but continue to profess belief in case the presents stop.

1 hour ago, ecobob said:

There are many solutions. Go an investigate if you’re really interested. For the second time my post is not about solutions, it’s about Mr Peter’s response about Greta T and his entrenched attitudes. Please do not try to word salad me on this. I know exactly what you are doing and I won’t be drawn. 

apart from extra tax.......give us a list......

25 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Find me a 16 year old who genuinely believes in Santa... most kids know Santa does not really exist by the time they are halfway through Primary School but continue to profess belief in case the presents stop.

santa doesn't really exist........:(

no one told me......

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

so no solution? when you have one let manx radio know and they can have you on......

To have a solution,  the problem has to be properly defined.  There are opposing views as to whether climate change is natural or man made, mainly because the base data is not particularly historical. 

All for ecological ethics, but to improve the world, not to counter man made climate change. 

25 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

71189730_1425304760955525_2540861755635007488_n.jpg

I'm not an apologist for Greta and her ilk but the above is very misleading.

Firstly, I suspect that the 10,000 times the CO2 into atmosphere than mankind is very likely to be false. Secondly, and more importantly, the two things do not cancel each other out. The fact that there are natural events outside of the control of mankind that release CO2 is pretty poor justification for not bothering to reduce or control mankind's own emissions.

There is no question that very large volcanic eruptions can inject significant amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. The 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens vented approximately 10 million tons of CO2 into the atmosphere in only 9 hours.

However, it currently takes humanity only 2.5 hours to put out the same amount. While large explosive eruptions like this are rare and only occur globally every 10 years or so, humanity’s emissions are ceaseless and increasing every year.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/volcano-carbon-emissions/

3 hours ago, Giri said:

She's also a very good actor.

From The Club of Rome's paper "The Limits To Growth"

"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome.
The real enemy then is humanity itself. We believe humanity requires a common motivation, namely a common adversary in order to realize world government. It does not matter if this common enemy is a real one or one invented for the purpose.” – Club of Rome, 1971.

Opera Snapshot_2019-09-23_153005_www.youtube.com.png

Godwin’s Law kicked in pretty fast.

Archived